Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is nothing else to do and here are the results in a matrix format. Just follow the same color down on a right to left diagonal until you get to the actual temp for the day. Have a look if you're interested.

C'mon IM and RM I know you're curious. LOL!

It's interesting to say the least. :share_doobie:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to the number of days outlook you want to see and then follow it down and to the left. For example, on EC if you look at the 4 day as predicted on 12/20/06, follow the same color blocks down and to the left for the actual temps on 12/24/06 (same color block under 'actual temps'), as well as all the changes along the way. I also recoreded the forecast in the morning and at night because they seem to change twice a day. Make sense? :dunno:

The good news is maybe we can use some F'n reverse phsycology here because when TWN predict the 10-14 days it usually turns out to be the opposite. So could this mean cold and a fuck load of snow for the end of next week? I guess we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Oh man that shit will make you crazy mad if you track it. Step away from the weather for a week...take a breather. It will come, if it doesn't... worrying about it wont make things any better. Plan the trip to BC...that will keep you busy :)

Cheers!!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plan the trip to BC...that will keep you busy :)

Cheers!!![/b]
Don't worry, I have ALL the stuff from the last time I organized a trip there so that is no issue....... :div20:

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
:smilielol:

How do those guys keep their job?

They are ALL OVER THE MAP!!!

:frech32:

Have you figured out a %age accuracy for each day yet?

ie - 14 day - 5% accurate
13 day - 7% accurate

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, no accuracy percentage caluculation. Now you see why the comment 'interesting at the very least'. :) All over the map does no justice. :beer:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, likely. I think they are probably up to 20 FEET by now.

If this winter keeps up like this for the next couple of weeks I will likely be trying to plan a trip out West again. They are having a record year out on the West coast this year!! Anyone interested (serious :cn: )??

Avalanche danger will likely be high.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Oh, likely. I think they are probably up to 20 FEET by now.

If this winter keeps up like this for the next couple of weeks I will likely be trying to plan a trip out West again. They are having a record year out on the West coast this year!! Anyone interested (serious :cn: )??

Avalanche danger will likely be high.[/b]
Tell me about it. My nephew got a job out at Kicking Horse this winter. I talked with him on Christmas Day and he'd been out earlier snowboarding in 3 feet of powder.

:banghead:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you got some spare $$$$$$$$$ laying around and interested in going??

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
I only wish.

Got the $$$$ but not that kind of time.

I am stuck in Ontario dreaming of snow..........

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What, you can't spare a week in March?!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I would be in for something like that.... You taking sleds out, or renting out there?

Hell, I was tryin to get some guys together for between X-mas and New Years.... But that fell through

As long as it's not the first weekend in March, I'm game.... The first weekend is my bachelor party :drunk:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would probably be looking at the 2nd week in March (week of the 11th). Yea, defenitely a rental thing. Food, sled rental, gas, limo, cabin, etc would be about $1700-1800 + airfare. If you have airmiles or aeroplan you can use it for that. 7 days total, with 5 days of riding. Just pray that there is 4-5 days of sun when we ride because when it snows you can't necessarily just go out and go sledding like you can here.

It's a lot of $$ but the sled rental is about $900 of that. Defenitely an experience of a lifetime.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm heading WEST to see my buds in Grande Prairie, AB on February 13-20. Once there, we're heading to the Alberta/BC border to ride for 4 days in the mountains.

My rental rates for a 2006 Summit 800 works out to $275 per day. My flight round trip to Grande Prairie out of Pearson was $500 (taxes in) on Air Canada.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That cost sounds about right. It gets a little cheaper the more people there are and the longer you stay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.