Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2003 f7 and for some resin i keep going trough idler wheels ive put 250-300mils on and i have gone through 4 of them why?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where to start...you are not the first...the idlers are basically junk...check out The outdoor shop for the best prices.....If the sled is studded, retighten the studs. Any that are loose will destroy the idlers. Also check the trach deflection, both too tight and too loose will ruin them....You didn't say where or how you ride, is it packed groomed trails or in a corn field??

You could always spend the money and buy aluminum ones but check the above two things and try again

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where to start...you are not the first...the idlers are basically junk...check out The outdoor shop for the best prices.....If the sled is studded, retighten the studs. Any that are loose will destroy the idlers. Also check the trach deflection, both too tight and too loose will ruin them....You didn't say where or how you ride, is it packed groomed trails or in a corn field??

You could always spend the money and buy aluminum ones but check the above two things and try again[/b]

i do every thing from groomed trails to jumping it just leaves the center on the bolt and the wheel is gone. and at $20.00 each don't want to keep buying the same thing.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i do every thing from groomed trails to jumping it just leaves the center on the bolt and the wheel is gone. and at $20.00 each don't want to keep buying the same thing.[/b]
Try coverting to ZR wheels or aftermarket. Have had mine on for 4 years.

:flag_canada:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
were can i get some good ones?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
were can i get some good ones?[/b]
Here in Canada we can get aftermarket from Royal Distributing. Here is the link
http://www.royaldistributing.com/ShoppingC...2008%2F170.html Page 176
They have had a hard time keeping them in stock, everyone has been replacing with these. This is the part # for the RED wheels, I don't know if anyone south of the border has the same wheels. The R is added to designate RED. 004-11692R

:flag_canada:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thats goen to be over $144 in just stupid idler wheels.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Sure but if they last isn't it worth it versus just pissing it away down the toilet?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya thats tru got $40 in one that are broke already..

·
Registered
568 Posts
off topic, but would shot bearings in the idle/bogey wheel cause a vibration and resistence in the track? Also, when the ass is in the air, the top of the rubber guides is even with the bottom of the hyfax, is my track too tight?

·
Registered
568 Posts
off topic, but would shot bearings in the idle/bogey wheel cause a vibration and resistence in the track? Also, when the ass is in the air, the top of the rubber guides is even with the bottom of the hyfax, is my track too tight?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i just seen thats for Canada is there one in the USA?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts