Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost three idler wheels this weekend. The bearings just disintigrated. I have about 3500 miles on my F5 and the all went at about the same time. It is me or should these last longer than that. Also my dealer is charging me for the new ones.

Any else having this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lost two and paid for them myself..then I lost another and got it replaced (along with a few other marginal ones) today at my dealer. I agree they are juck, but the dealer should cover them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:( I think the dealer put NTN "blue" bearings in instead of the originals. He said he has been changing a lot of firecat idler bearings. He did tell me could have put in the original style bearing but it likely wouldn't stand up as well as these. Hope he's right.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My dealer just called and said all mine ( I think all .. I was too mad to think straight) were bad and needed to be replaced after 1600 miles. He said he thinks it will be covered. I hope so at least......

S

·
0 Posts
My Dad used to drill a very small hole in the bearing cover. then used a needle tipped grease fitting to fill the bearing with marian grease. He said warm weather and water was the problem with the bearings going. I never tried it but he swore by it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by Snowblind@Mar 12 2003, 12:50 AM
My Dad used to drill a very small hole in the bearing cover. then used a needle tipped grease fitting to fill the bearing with marian grease. He said warm weather and water was the problem with the bearings going. I never tried it but he swore by it.
Thanks for that post. I currently have my skid out and I'm going to do your Dad's procedure. Makes sense. :D

·
Premium Member
13,948 Posts
the wheels and bearings are warranty, your dealer doesnt have to check with cat, he can just put the claim in, and arctic cat will credit him with cost on the bearings and shop rate labor to replace, he can use ntn bearings if you wish, if he is a good guy, and just charge the difference in bearing cost (if there is one)

Krom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts