Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok maybe I'm dreaming but who else besides me would like to see a trail ready version of the new snocross sleds?

It will probably never happen but personally I'd like to see this:
-A strong frame! I want a sled that I can pound on and its not going to crack so easily
-Oil injection... I realize its more weight but it sure makes things a PITA sometimes
-low compression motor to be able to run pump gas
-500-600cc motor, that is RELIABLE
- Large fuel tank like my 02' Sno pro
-rear coolers

I realize I'm dreaming here, but I think the Ski-Doo, Arctic Cat and Polaris could take a lesson from today's motocross bikes. You just need to set up your suspension and your good to go racing/freestyle or just riding hard with those bikes.

Im curious though, in the next year or two isn't the WSA forcing the manufacturers to produce 600cc sleds that are an actual consumer sled. So wouldn't that be close to what I am describing here? Or is it basically the snox sleds now with a 600cc motor and still 5 gallon tanks and requiring 110 octane fuel premixed? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The only way this will ever happen (which i agree I think it should) is if ISR requires these sleds to be trail rideable. This would make racing much funner and more competetive if you ask me. The big factory guys would't have all the good equipment if it was mandated to make sleds more friendly. They could still have all kinds of wild stuff on the 600 open sleds.

Fast

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You both make good points......but it will never happen.....racing has gotten to the point where if you dont have money you dont race.....plusif the factory isues race/trail sleds there will be no incentives for racers to ride for a specific factory....getting top of the line free equipment is the best part of racing and if thats made widely avalible i think popularity in the sport will decrease!!!

my 2 cents

Danny

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If manufacturers made only, say, 500 of these productions racers or whatever given number they may want, then maybe it would work. It's like NASCAR did in the early stages. If manufacturers wanted to have a car on the circuit, then that car had to be produced. Now, NASCAR never said how many had to be produced. The old Ford Torinos, Mercury Cyclones, Dodge Daytona SuperBirds, etc., etc.,. You guys see what I'm getting at. It's not like the ISR couldn't mandate that, but there's ways of getting around it. And, possibly, the Team Arctic racers would have first dibs at the production sleds on an open market. Who knows, It could happen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I race quads and I know they are slowing making their way to how the bike market is managed. Eventually I am sure the quads will be race ready just like the bikes Ricky Carmicheal, and Chad Reed ride. I also sure to bet that the sleds will be there eventually.

By making ATVs more racer friendly in stock form the sport of quad racing has grown significantly, and if sleds do the same I'm sure they will see the same results.

I would also like to see more race ready machines that are economical and affordable.

Just my thoughts,
Austin

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It'd be kind of stupid IMO.

You'd have a bunch of Joe Schmos riding around on "consumer race sleds" which would take away the uniqueness of having a Limited Build racer.

if you want it, build it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts