Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay boys, here is the story

03 F7, 1" track with 144 studs, Speedwerx PAC, Timing key, Speedwerx Snorkle, Straightline performance clutch kit, different gearing, I weigh 225 ( watch the wisecracks )

I run in the 105-107 range in 1000 feet. I am trying to decide what to purchase next. I want to stay in stock class. Losing weight is the easiest option for HP gains, but I love my Big Macs and Beer :celebrating: :beer: !!!! Obviously speed track and picks are a must for traction. But I am talking about engines upgrades while staying within the rules of stock. I currently have $500 to spend on mods for the start of the season and another $1000 once january rolls around

Lets hear some suggestions!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I dont feel I need to argue about my speeds, but If you stayed tuned to this thread I am sure quite a few Ice Racers will concour that the F7 is capable of those speeds!!!

Thanks for the suggestions though they are duely noted!!

And by the way the best this sled ran was 106.1 with a 145 pound female running it! So maybe I shouldnt have said 105-107 my mistake!

And also I know quite a few "stock" F7's that have reached 113 in a thousand feet

http://www.cmsaracing.com/

go to the records page and see for your self!

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Originally posted by soldd@Oct 13 2005, 12:30 PM
no way in hell you run 105-107 in a thousand feet...unh huh no way..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927022
[/quote]

Those numbers are definetly achievable IMO.

My buddy had a real hot-runner F7. All we did was clutching, and a 3 degree timing key, and that sucker was unbelievable. He beat everyone we raced on the lakes. Some time I could hang in there for a bit with some guys, but he always walked away from me from the start.
I took him with me down to some 1000' ice drags. He isn't much of a racer. He sat there in line with the sled running the whole time. Drove up to the line. (Susupension completely stock) and he just sat there on his ass and mashed the gas. We just about shit or pants when they read out the speed.....108MPH :augen41:
His sled was quick, I can't believe he sold it.

If his was that quick, I would have to believe that some other F7's with mods could do the same.

I have no reason to make this stuff up, I don't even own an F7, and to be honest with you, could care less. :div20:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by firecatfever@Oct 13 2005, 02:43 PM
Those numbers are definetly achievable IMO.

My buddy had a real hot-runner F7.  All we did was clutching, and a 3 degree timing key, and that sucker was unbelievable.  He beat everyone we raced on the lakes.  Some time I could hang in there for a bit with some guys, but he always walked away from me from the start. 
I took him with me down to some 1000' ice drags.  He isn't much of a racer.  He sat there in line with the sled running the whole time. Drove up to the line.  (Susupension completely stock) and he just sat there on his ass and mashed the gas.  We just about shit or pants when they read out the speed.....108MPH  :augen41:
His sled was quick, I can't believe he sold it.

If his was that quick, I would have to believe that some other F7's with mods could do the same.

I have no reason to make this stuff up, I don't even own an F7, and to be honest with you, could care less.  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927386

Exactly, my neighbor has the same exact sled with no mods and he pulled a 105 on radar in 1000's, so like you said its quite possible!
[/quote]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts