Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much ice is out there? Should we wear life preservers and a dry suit or is safe enough that alot of people can be out there and risk not falling through. Not looking forward to turning into an iceburg for New Years! lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much ice is out there? Should we wear life preservers and a dry suit or is safe enough that alot of people can be out there and risk not falling through. Not looking forward to turning into an iceburg for New Years! lol[/b]
We have been running the small side for two weeks. before this last cold spell we had 5 to 6 inch's on the small side. the big side has been froze the whole time and now it is ready.

There will be plenty of people on both sides so you could stay on the small side and run 2000' or so to make you feel better and still be able to run your machine.

The small side has been covered with people for two weeks fishing and they started fishing the big side yesterday.

I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
hmm...went up yesterday and there was a bunch of ice fisherman drilling holes on the small side and most of the big side was wide open.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm...went up yesterday and there was a bunch of ice fisherman drilling holes on the small side and most of the big side was wide open.[/b]
Don't take this the wrong way but the big side is froze over with one small area open between the two ponds that is always open.. I just left the pond 10 minutes ago and I live beside the pond.... :no_bashing: :div20:

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but the big side is froze over with one small area open between the two ponds that is always open.. I just left the pond 10 minutes ago and I live beside the pond.... :no_bashing: :div20:[/b]
live next to the pond hey, i wish i lived there, shit if my buddies pool was frozen, id ride on that the way this winter is going!! :banghead:

any chance on getting your street name for a right on acurat map quest?
thanks

whats parking like?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but the big side is froze over with one small area open between the two ponds that is always open.. I just left the pond 10 minutes ago and I live beside the pond.... :no_bashing: :div20:[/b]
o, ok, how do you get out there? just ride beside the open water? cuz thats the part i saw open were you described

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
You could say pretty good, I ride in the county alot. also we ride from the forks. Last year i put on 3,600.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
live next to the pond hey, i wish i lived there, shit if my buddies pool was frozen, id ride on that the way this winter is going!! :banghead:
any chance on getting your street name for a right on acurat map quest?
thanks

whats parking like?[/b]
This will screw you all up... But Map Quest calls it the Hayes road... BUT... it is the Harlow Pond Road and that is what the sign will say on the end of the road as it intersects RT 150.

You back your trailer on the pond to unload and then park on the side of the road :beerchug:

We'll have fun all weekend... some of the boys who show up will be fast!!!

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
This will screw you all up... But Map Quest calls it the Hayes road... BUT... it is the Harlow Pond Road and that is what the sign will say on the end of the road as it intersects RT 150.

You back your trailer on the pond to unload and then park on the side of the road :beerchug:

We'll have fun all weekend... some of the boys who show up will be fast!!![/b]

either day better then another??
i think we are going to try to make it.
keep an eye out for us.

thanks for all your info!!

i'll be on this.

and my girl on this

i will be with a bunch of cats to.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
either day better then another??
i think we are going to try to make it.
keep an eye out for us.

thanks for all your info!!

i'll be on this.

and my girl on this

i will be with a bunch of cats to.[/b]
Saturday for sure and seems as there is very little riding to be had I would bet Sunday and Monday will be busy too

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.