Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question:

My buddy noticed on my Firecat, and every other Firecat up at Twin Mountain, that on both sides of my Tunnel (under the seat) ice was forming and coming down towards the running boards...anyone have a clue as to why this would happen?

Is this bad or good or indifferent?

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
the snow powder is landing on the tunnel between the seat,
and the tail light, your heat exchanger is right under that area.
it gets hot and melts, and runs down the tunnel under the seat.
this is just a guess...but i'll bet i'm right. B)

·
Registered
76 Posts
If what alleycat said is true, then not only is that water running under the seat, it's soaking
INTO the seat too. (yes/no??)

It may not seem like that big of a deal, but over time all that water can add up to a lot of extra weight. Maybe a bead of silicon or something at the back of the seat would divert the water off to the sides of the tunnel instead of under the seat?

·
Registered
841 Posts
AHHH rubbish.........the seat will not get anymore water logged than before when your sweaty ass was melting te snow........ the skin is water resistant

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not a problem then alleycat. Many of the older foam seats were capable of soaking up tons of water. Just thought I'd throw that out there just in case.

Oh yeah, sled-head, I've never seen a sweaty ass on the underside of a sled seat. (And I don't ever care too!!) Must be some funky positions you ride in.

:)

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
black wolf, pull your seat off and take a look at it,
you will see what i mean...if you are not satisfied,
silicone the hell out of it. B)

·
Registered
76 Posts
alleycat, just to clear up any misunderstanding: I don't own a Firecat. (I try to avoid first year releases.) But I am a Cat rider. I've known Rob for a few years now via another sled site. When he created this website I figured I'd breeze through now and again to keep up with the F-Cat bugs and offer some help/advice if I could.

My current ride is an 02" ZR8 Cross Country (Carb) dressed in black. I'll be prowling for a few unsuspecting F-cats this winter. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
well hell yea it clears it up!! <_<
nice zr.. that was going to be my next sled..... but......
i went to the grayling show last winter.and.
went home sold the zrt.and orderd the firecat
p.s...don't let your wife talk you into selling it,
when you are ready to get another one. B)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice CC ZR...I am wishing I never sold my 02 ZR at this point, but anyway...When I am talking ice...I am talking on the actual sides of the sled...not the back by the tail light...IF this even makes a difference. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts