Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a fix it in the how to's section but how come Arctic Cat hasn't called these sleds in for an update on this ??? :blink: :blink: :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
ya..have the same problem..2 drips on each side of the seat turn to ice ..looks kinda neat tho.. :p Wonder if there is a fix ?? Maybe if we didnt ride so hard our arses wouldnt sweat so much and make all that condensation :D just kidding..just thought i'd tell ya i have the same thing there..doesnt seem to bother me..i just kick it off after it gets to much !! L8ter

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Mine had the same problem this weekend ...looks like a frozen Niagara Falls. Not happy with these type of issues. I love the sled but these things are starting to get to me.......Oh, ran oil in the gas this weekend and the sled sounded like it was gurgling and burping...........My dealer has been extremely helpful, but the list continues to grow

·
Premium Member
13,947 Posts
get a tube of black RTV and a 7/16" socket, pull the seat off, make sure the heat exchanger is sealed to the tunnel, then run a bead across the tunnel where the back of the seat would be, be sure to seal the wire grove also, snow dust hits the top of the heat exchanger, melts and the water runs down the tunnel and drips out from under the seat.

Krom

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
works for me!! i did silicone the part of the bumper that is on top of the tunnel between the seat and brake light

·
Registered
534 Posts
My heat exchanger wasn't totally sealed. (They missed a spot.) Before I rode one mile, I sealed off the hole. My friend's sled (SnoProG) has the seat icing problem really bad, probably due to a leak with someone at the factory not sealing the heat exchanger. While out riding through deep powder, it was noticably worse. The seat was so frozen from the "niagra falls" effect that it was froze on the sled and due to the cold conditions we couldn't remove the seat. (We'll wait for a thaw to remove the seat and find the poor seal and fix it with silicone.)

It doesn't take much time to fix this problem (under 5 minutes). . . as long as the seat can be removed.

·
Registered
606 Posts
My F7 did this for the 1st time last weekend when the temperature was under 10 deg F. On mon & tues when temps were above 15 deg it did'nt do it??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts