Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm not the 1st one to experience this problem, but I have not been able to ride my F7 until last week and this issue was very bothersom. The ice built up so bad that I could hardly even my feet on the runningboards .....

What should I look for, Is there a seam/hole that needs to be sealed up under the seat or do I need to run some silicone sealer along the area where the black plastic for the taillamp/bumper meets the alumnum tunnel? Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem? Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check out the owners forum topic Running Board Traction. The punch-outs made by this tool provide a place for water to escape from and a raised up part for your feet to grip when ice is on the boards. Best part of this is it looks factory and the tools cost no more than buying add-on traction products as well as no weight added. I purchased these tools and did my Firecat and couldn't be happier as I stand up ride a lot and the stock running boards suck.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by brianscathouse@Jan 25 2003, 11:11 PM
Check out the owners forum topic Running Board Traction. The punch-outs made by this tool provide a place for water to escape from and a raised up part for your feet to grip when ice is on the boards. Best part of this is it looks factory and the tools cost no more than buying add-on traction products as well as no weight added. I purchased these tools and did my Firecat and couldn't be happier as I stand up ride a lot and the stock running boards suck.
I could see how what you are saying would help, but the main problem seems to be much further back. The ice builds up just in front of the reflectors on the tunnel and keeps creeping forward from there.
-John

·
Registered
41 Posts
I get what you mean. I longtracked mine and the tunnel extension covered this part of tunnel and moved bumper back over a foot. When I had it apart I did notice that the bumper fit to tunnel would allow water from melted snow on exchanger to leak forward when sled is sitting after running in snow. I would suggest even removing rear bumper and applying silicone to bumper and tunnel. Cat used to do this on older sleds to keep exchanger edges sealed to tunnel. The rear bumper removes fairly easily. I hope this suggestion helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts