Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need a fix for all the ice that builds up on our running boards. It's very annoying driving while your feet stay wet and cold on the boards from this problem. Many people have tried different fixes without any real progress.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Holy crap I had a big problem with ice buildup under my seat and the sides. The seat is being spread at the front sides and is being pushed up and out at the middle. It's pretty bad. I tried to remove the seat to see where this is happening but no luck; that baby is bonded to the tunnel like super glue. I hope the seat is not torn or ripped by what is happening.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Originally posted by greenrider@Feb 16 2003, 06:26 AM
Did that solve the problem after you went riding again?
Yep 227 miles since fix, temps from -10C to -38C, no ice anywhere. Keepin fingers crossed. ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Its not juss the F7's that are having this problem...I noticed that after I kept mine in the shop over night...I pulled it out...went for a ride...and later that day...I noticed the ice build up...and its gettin alil more and more...after every ride...I get in there and knock it off but it finds away to come back.... :angry:

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can go to the how to's section and see how to fix that but that should be ARCTIC CAT'S RESPONSEABILITY don't you think!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The solution is simple, extend the seat that extra 2 inches so it covers the whole rear exchanger. Problem gone! I guess since the rear exchanger was a last minute add on they must not have realized the implications. Hopefully they will extend the seat for full production 04's as there would be no more ice and maybe(just maybe) there would be enough room in the trunk for a quart of oil too! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts