Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I missing here?
I ordered Ibexx scratchers before my sled came in and then read they wouldn't work, with that I ordered the SPI scratchers and the One Rig Mount, being that I really like the Ibexx I had to see if they would work with the One Rig, I marked the plate where the hole would be drilled and actually have the option of mounting the Ibexx directly to the backing plate (as seen in the last pic) and then using a portion of the outside plate to secure the tail end of the backing plate, this would give the Ibexx more bite on the rail lip to resist the rotational force........ Thoughts please.

Also what is the thread size of the spring hooks folks are screwing into the torsion spring mounts?

Thanks
IMG_1249.JPEG IMG_1250.JPEG IMG_1252.JPEG

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
What am I missing here?
I ordered Ibexx scratchers before my sled came in and then read they wouldn't work, with that I ordered the SPI scratchers and the One Rig Mount, being that I really like the Ibexx I had to see if they would work with the One Rig, I marked the plate where the hole would be drilled and actually have the option of mounting the Ibexx directly to the backing plate (as seen in the last pic) and then using a portion of the outside plate to secure the tail end of the backing plate, this would give the Ibexx more bite on the rail lip to resist the rotational force........ Thoughts please.

Also what is the thread size of the spring hooks folks are screwing into the torsion spring mounts?

Thanks
View attachment 2115672 View attachment 2115673 View attachment 2115674
Are you sure your torsion spring is going to clear when suspension is collapsing?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
What am I missing here?

Thanks
View attachment 2115672 View attachment 2115673 View attachment 2115674
Check this thread out and the mounts I came up with.https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/ibexx-ice-scratchers.1875685/unread

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not, that's why I'm asking what an I missing?

For some reason that link isn't taking me to your pics, could you post another link, thanks!!
leave out the /unread part and you're good

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check this thread out and the mounts I came up with.https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/ibexx-ice-scratchers.1875685/unread
Here's a pic from that thread, it's a 137 Matyrx skid. If the SPI clears I'm thinking the Ibexx will clear?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I'm not, that's why I'm asking what an I missing?

For some reason that link isn't taking me to your pics, could you post another link, thanks!!
Have someone push down on rear bumper and watch spring to see how close it comes. You could take spring tension off and push down to see if you don’t have help. Pull spring out of guide in front to relieve tension and the take it off the adjuster in rear. Put spring back in slider and push suspension down and see how close it is. Probably will need rear of sled off ground to get springs off adjusters.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
To be completely sure of clearance, you need to compress both the front torque arm and the rear torque arm. You'll need blocks under the front of the track and probably under the rear idler, as well. As the front torque arm compresses, it moves the rail towards the rear.

I found it best, to take 1 torsion spring off the adjuster, to reduce spring affect, and then measure off the other side torsion spring that is still hooked up on the low adjuster block, setting. The torsion spring may move forward/or back. and throw off your measurement, when the spring is not under tension.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have someone push down on rear bumper and watch spring to see how close it comes. You could take spring tension off and push down to see if you don’t have help. Pull spring out of guide in front to relieve tension and the take it off the adjuster in rear. Put spring back in slider and push suspension down and see how close it is. Probably will need rear of sled off ground to get springs off adjusters.
To be completely sure of clearance, you need to compress both the front torque arm and the rear torque arm. You'll need blocks under the front of the track and probably under the rear idler, as well. As the front torque arm compresses, it moves the rail towards the rear.

I found it best, to take 1 torsion spring off the adjuster, to reduce spring affect, and then measure off the other side torsion spring that is still hooked up on the low adjuster block, setting. The torsion spring may move forward/or back. and throw off your measurement, when the spring is not under tension.
Thanks for the info gentlemen, I think for simplicity right now I'm just going to go with the SPI setup for now.

Do you guys know what diameter hook bolts I should use?

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Thanks for the info gentlemen, I think for simplicity right now I'm just going to go with the SPI setup for now.

Whatever you use, if it goes on the rail, you need to watch where you put it.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

I believe the mounting bolt for the spring slider is 8mm which is very close to 5/16.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whatever you use, if it goes on the rail, you need to watch where you put it.
I'm going to mount the SPI scratchers where the One Rig holes are, no sense in reinventing the wheel with the Ibexx especially after seeing that disaster the Canadian kid posted with the spring harpooning the heat exchanger.
I believe the mounting bolt for the spring slider is 8mm which is very close to 5/16.
Thanks (y)

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
180 Posts
Thats what I decided to do, in the off season I will spend some time and make the ibexx work.

Reactions: vince

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what I decided to do, in the off season I will spend some time and make the ibexx work.
What size spring hook did you install, and did you use the existing threads or did you tap it?

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
180 Posts
What size spring hook did you install, and did you use the existing threads or did you tap it?
5/16, bought it at ACE hardware along with the tap.

Reactions: vince

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2021 SB Assault 850 - Proud member of Southern Tug Hill Sno-Riders
916 Posts
I'm going to mount the SPI scratchers where the One Rig holes are, no sense in reinventing the wheel with the Ibexx especially after seeing that disaster the Canadian kid posted with the spring harpooning the heat exchanger.

Thanks (y)
That part freaks me out actually. I had the one rig keeper plate machined for the SLP scratchers but I dont think I am outting any of it on from what that kid posted. Sure dont want that. Maybe I will mount on the skis.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
That part freaks me out actually. I had the one rig keeper plate machined for the SLP scratchers but I dont think I am outting any of it on from what that kid posted. Sure dont want that. Maybe I will mount on the skis.
Are you talking about Straightline Performance scratchers (similar to the Duraflex Cable scratchers)?

SLP is normally the acronym of Starting Line Products. They do sell a kind of old school single spring with a short arm and a long arm, which usually requires removal of the outside front bogie wheel:
SLP Single coil rail scratcher

My pictures posted some time ago show exactly how much room you need for the SBA 146 rail, if you mount forward of the torsion spring slider. If you mount behind it, like SledTuner360, no worries. You just need to pay attention.

Take another look. Remember this picture is from a Matryx SBA 146, equipped with the IGX rear suspension.

The measurements and placement is different for a Matryx INDY with the Pro-CC suspension.

Post with Matryx SBA 146 fully collapsed picture

IF you have a plate machined for the forward hole in the rail, that I have the scratcher spring over, you just need to get some holes drilled and get it on. I plan on putting a J bolt type hook for the scratcher into the mounting post for the slider block, like many others have done.

·
Registered
2021 SB Assault 850 - Proud member of Southern Tug Hill Sno-Riders
916 Posts
Yes straightline performance. Not starting line. They are thicker. They mic up like .640. Much less flexible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts