Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D This past weekend, on Lake Gogebic, some guys came over to me and asked me to race. I was up to the challege and then we lined up. There was a 2000 XC 600 on one side and a 2001 XC 600 on the other. we started and i got the holeshot and i thought to myself, this isnt supposed to be happening. I kept pullin on both of them, and after about 2 or 3 hundred yards i was about 30 or 40 yards ahead. I did the usually fist shaking and yellin thing, and kept going. Then we got to a bar and the first things the guys did was pull up there hoods. lol. Then i went out on the lake again to race my cousin on his 02 ZL 600. And i beat him out of the hole by about 7 feet and i was about 15 yards ahead at 300 yards. I am sure happy with the big old 97 Zr 580. My next sled i want to race in a rev 600. And i would like to race a firecat just to see how bad i would get beat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There machines but have been junk! I had a 97 ZR 580 and there is no way it will beat a properly running XC 600. If you think you are going to challenge a 600 REV..... You better pray long and hard. ;)

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: Yeah right! XC's suck!!!! i smoked um. What about the 02 ZL 600??? y did i beat him??? ZR9 is right. U could have a 700 with 125 horse that could get its ass kicked by a good running 600 with say 105 horse. Its all bout gettin the pow'r to the ground there buddy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have to agree with you guys, the facts are , that it is in the set-up. Befor my son inherited my "OLD" 97 ZR 580 I surprised a lot of people with it. ( it has since been detuned) I had it set-up with an AAEN Trail Torquer single pipe, an A/C roller secondary and my own clutching calibration. And while I didn't smoke every one, It still rocked for an "old" sled. I was able to hold my own. One particular case was a guy on an XC 700 with the requisit " Yes it's Fast, and No You Can't Ride it" sticker on the windshield. The look on his face was priceless when we ran side by side on every run...
This sleds' performance was a big reason that I rode it myself for 5 years. I just could not justify laying out the cash for a new 600 class when they were not any faster....
Now my 02 Zr 800EFI, well that's another story.......

KenZR,
Still waiting for snow in MN

·
Registered
41 Posts
my F5 would smoke that 97 ZR 580 into oblivion...it would look like the ZR was just sitting there when in fact it is TRYING to max out....

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I raced a F-5 today in fact... i beat him off the line but after about 50 yds i was about ½ sled in front, then after about 100 he flew past me... I and he where both very surpised with my sled... SO HA COCKSUCKER!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Firecat 500, you should really take your punkass attitude and go back to RSS where you belong! We don't need or want you around here!

·
Registered
863 Posts
if you want to run your mouth firecat 500 come race me, i am very humble with my sled, and if you can beat me with your dinky f5 then you can brag your sled up all you want, but untill then shut up, the zr 580 is a good relyable sled, if i remeber correctly one of the kids on here is only 14 and it sounds like be bought the sled with his own money so leave em alone, i would be pretty damn proud if when i was 14 i had a zr580...

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I tried my ZR900 out yesterday with a F7 in 660feet.first race i beat him by 20 feet,second race he got me by 3feet,third race i beat him by 40feet.My ZR is faster but those F7's are flying,they have awsome midrange punch,fastest thing I've raced against all year so far.

·
Registered
539 Posts
good job zr-man, thats whats its all about,being the underdog and knocking off the big boys sure will get your adrenialin pumped up.i too also had a stout running 97 580 with a little port work and etc was very competeitive,also 95 carb. 580 w/porting ,46mm carbs. and a 5800rpm engagement used to knock off a lot of bigger sleds,but it waqs my 96 580 zr w/ my own 670 big bore kit and a little NOS that used to start all the barroom fist-fights{polaris&ski-doo guys=sore losers}so do your homework go out there and have some fun and remember anybody can be beat on any given day.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for backin me up boys! And Zr800, i'm only 15 and i bought my sled with my own money. Its a blast to ride. But only 1 and a ½ winters to i get my F-7!!! I can't wait to get my hands on one, i already know all the things i am going to do to it... I can't wait!!! YEE-HAW! :D

Firecat_500, u got a pretty small motor to be cocken off like that. U better watch ur back, cause us here americans can get real frisky! :angry:

And i must agre with u, Zr600... Polaris and skidoo boys are poor, poor losers. I hear they are going to ban these things of the trail in a few years, they say it will make is more enjoyable... :lol: ... that would be no fun,, then us cat guys wouldn't have no one to bet up on cept yamahas...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts