Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to make my 2001 zrt 600 faster without spending a lot of money can anybody help me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
is that carbed? jet it properly if it is and that will help alot. they tend to run a lil rich i believe from factory. make sure belt deflection is correct and track tension. maybe some gearing. that could be a cheap investment. do a search for diff. gear combos, im sure there are tons.good luck :beerchug:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also agree in jetting down probably 2 sizes if it is stock and a clutch kit from erlandson (EPI) they have a great kit for stock 600s, also buy a clutch alignment tool, alot of these motors move over time and there is alot to gain if the center to center is off, and the offset is off. I think the tool is 35.00 from cat dealer. :titties: :bounce: :snowfall: :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cheap changes 22-40 gearing, 57-50 helix red spring, add 56 gram weights, gut the air box, a real improvement polish the exhaust ports( take them off your self sand the roughness out of them, cost 0 ) Big improvement. You'll love your baby triple, maybe scare an F7 or two.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
clutch kit and change some carb settings. snappydave and tuner68 have great set ups for the little zrt, just shoot them a pm. Very fussy with belt deflection, likes engagement at 4,700 to 4,900. Remove the air box lid, reach down and pull the baffle and runners out. First thing is set a budget for what you can afford, then go from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just got another job so i am thinking about $1000-$1500 and the air box is already gutted so will that efect my jetting

where is the best place to buy jets

·
Registered
186 Posts
I noticed you had the thread asking about pipes, if you're still planning on adding aftermarket pipes, I would wait to do any jetting changes, since the pipes should lean it out a little anyways. Better off to just fight the jetting once.

·
Registered
250 Posts
"NO PIPES" stock pipes on the 600 triple work best for trail riding/racing all after market pipes for these little triples are very peaky Ive tried them all. jet down 2 sizes, 22-40 gearing, any of the above mentioned clutch set ups are good, if its a 97 or 98 take off your pipes and grind off the lip right were the exhaust enters the pipe just look in there youll see it run it to 8500rpms on the arctic cat tach. I have all these mods with ported cylinders and I spank all stock F7's

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey ZRT toilet-Ihave to say, that I have never heard about this lip, your saying to grind off. I got to ask you to explain this. Is this lip inside the pipe or right on th pipe manifold??[/b]
I have some stock 97 jugs sitting next to me as I type, I don't see any lip on the exhaust ports. The manifolds on the 97-98 use donut gaskets to seal, I never rode with stock pipes on my ZRT's so I can't say if there is some sort of casting issue with the 97 stock pipes. I always piped my ZRT 600's, moves the power peak up in RPM, but it's a good gain over stock, the short stroked motor loves it, just need to reclutch to the new power peak.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.