Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Advanced Member
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Rome New York on Saturday for "dyno day" at Magnum Motorsports. $80.00 gets you two runs on the dyno. My sled is a 2005 Polaris Fusion 900. The motor is stock with 550 miles on it. The only changes I have made is a Dubbs air box. I wanted to see what my peak hp and tq were and at what rpms. First run was with a Stock pipe and a Dynoport can. At 7000 rpms she hit 127.8 hp and 96.0 tourque. So we took the Dynoport can off and put the stock can on. Run #2 was the same. :banghead:

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
Was the operator wearing a Arctic Cat Jacket ? LOL.

Here is the issue with dyno's - no two are exactly the same and no two operators are the same.

What was the correction factor and what was the weather info inside cell ?

·
Super Advanced Member
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
air temp 29
relative humidity 87
barometrir pressure 30.31
sae temp factor 0.971
sae humidity factor 1.007
sae barometric factor 0.988
final correction factor 0.967

·
Registered
489 Posts
I worked in dyno's for 12 years at one of the big 3 auto companies. Dyno's need to be calibrated. Was that raw numbers or
corrected numbers. What correction factors were used? Rich Daley(Dynoport) and Rob(HTG) dynoed Fusions when they first came out. They seen anywhere from 142 to 145 hp stock. spam seen mid 140's also.

·
Super Advanced Member
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It says Dyno-max sae corrected power curve.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I worked in dyno's for 12 years at one of the big 3 auto companies. Dyno's need to be calibrated. Was that raw numbers or
corrected numbers. What correction factors were used? Rich Daley(Dynoport) and Rob(HTG) dynoed Fusions when they first came out. They seen anywhere from 142 to 145 hp stock. spam seen mid 140's also.[/b]
My typo error. I ment DynoTec not "spam".

·
Super Advanced Member
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
how long of pulls did they do? did they get the pipe good n hot? also what kind of dyno? also curious what some other sleds did.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Went to Rome New York on Saturday for "dyno day" at Magnum Motorsports. $80.00 gets you two runs on the dyno. My sled is a 2005 Polaris Fusion 900. The motor is stock with 550 miles on it. The only changes I have made is a Dubbs air box. I wanted to see what my peak hp and tq were and at what rpms. First run was with a Stock pipe and a Dynoport can. At 7000 rpms she hit 127.8 hp and 96.0 tourque. So we took the Dynoport can off and put the stock can on. Run #2 was the same. :banghead:[/b]
I think the fusion makes the peak power between 7400-7500 stock.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
air temp 29
relative humidity 87
barometrir pressure 30.31
sae temp factor 0.971
sae humidity factor 1.007
sae barometric factor 0.988
final correction factor 0.967[/b]
Well, a correction factor of .967 means your "raw" hp was 132.16. I'm not surprised, after that many miles the cylinders in my 05 900 were junk, scored everywhere. My stock 03 BM 800 would beat my 900 and that was rated at around 135hp, makes sense to me. I think brand new they may lay down a lot more but there's tons of threads about how the power in these sleds drop right off with miles.

·
Registered
500 Posts
TC, it seems that you aren't running high enough rpms... We had discussed a little while back on what rpms you were running and I remember you saying that Don from White Lake was saying to run at 7,200rpms. Looking at SLP's dyno, their dyno chart is showing approx 136hp at 7,000rpm and not reaching peak until about 7,550rpms.

I am looking to dyno my sled hopefully soon as I'm considering running the slp reflash with stock pipe/can which we had discussed as well.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
TC, it seems that you aren't running high enough rpms... We had discussed a little while back on what rpms you were running and I remember you saying that Don from White Lake was saying to run at 7,200rpms. Looking at SLP's dyno, their dyno chart is showing approx 136hp at 7,000rpm and not reaching peak until about 7,550rpms.

I am looking to dyno my sled hopefully soon as I'm considering running the slp reflash with stock pipe/can which we had discussed as well.[/b]
according to dtr on the dyno shhet on there it made peak hp at like 7200

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
I asked a question prematurely - here's the first one I should have asked.

What is the SAE standard's for a snowmobile ?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Went to Rome New York on Saturday for "dyno day" at Magnum Motorsports. $80.00 gets you two runs on the dyno. My sled is a 2005 Polaris Fusion 900. The motor is stock with 550 miles on it. The only changes I have made is a Dubbs air box. I wanted to see what my peak hp and tq were and at what rpms. First run was with a Stock pipe and a Dynoport can. At 7000 rpms she hit 127.8 hp and 96.0 tourque. So we took the Dynoport can off and put the stock can on. Run #2 was the same. :banghead:[/b]
FWIW- I saw a post on amsnow that said the # were short by 5%. This was posted by the shop owner andconfirmed by the dyno operator. The post is under the racing fourm.

·
Super Advanced Member
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes he told me his dyno was off by 5%. We ran it up to 7400 rpms. At 7400 rpms the sled was at 115.8 hp. The clutch kit has nothing to do with the dyno run because the dyno was at the crank.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I PM'd Twitchford with the same (More detailed) info I am posting here.

If you have a qualified service technician that is properly trained on digital-wrench, they have the ability to download that dyno-run from the sleds ECM and playback all the running parameters of that engine to determine what was happening. They could easily see if the DET sensor was pulling timing or adding fuel, RPM's, water-temp, throttle percentage, and every other thing needed to diagnose why the numbers were low.

Now, the trick is finding a tech that knows how to do this.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts