Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. I spring checked an 04 600 EFI LX EXT Sabercat. Long story short, final price was $7594 before tax. I feel I got a fair deal. Let's face it, none of these sleds are worth this kind of money but this is the age we live in.

OK, here are some of the reasons I bought what I did. First of all there are a lot of F-Cats out there now. The Sabercat will at least for a while be AC's latest and greatest. After riding for 25 plus years, the idea of a little softer ride in a F-Cat chassis sounds appealing. I like the looks of the seat and the storage trunk. I chose the EXT because of all the input I gathered from HCS. Going back through a lot of posts including those that long tracked their F-7's, it seemed like nobody had anything but praise for the idea. Speeds to 100 mph still possible. Bridging the bumps in ungroomed and bumpy trails is much better. The added advantage of the inch and a quarter lug and longer track in deeper snow will leave the others in the dust. Most of you didn't feel that I would loose too much in the corners. As someone else mentioned, slowing down a bit in the turns is not always a bad thing. I agree.

As far as the LX, that package automatically comes with the EXT option when you order a Sabercat. For less than the price of a reverse kit,with the LX; you get electric start, a remote electric starter (must have the EFI option), mirrors plus the reverse.

Engine size was a tougher decision. Again going by all of the posts I've been reading this winter I settled in on the 600. I believe most 700's this winter have been reliable. There were however some problems. Granted that there were less 600's out there this winter due to the late season release, but I don't remember seeing hardly any reports about seizures and burn downs. Most that reported riding and racing the 600's say that they pull as strong (if not stronger in some instances) to about 70 mph or so. They will still do a 100 mph. Realistically, how often and how long do we all ride at that speed? Sounds plenty fast to me. Also there maybe a insurance break for some of us staying at that cc level. From what I can gather, MPG should be very similar to what the 700's are getting. We'll see.

Spring checking a Sabercat gives you the added advantage of gettng both a two year warrenty and a 0 0 0 finance for six months (starting when the sled comes in). Since I do seasonal work, this will work well for me. These are only some of the reasons I chose this sled for my self. I realize everyone is different. I know that with HCS next winter will be a lot of fun sharing information with other Sabercat and Firecat owners. One last time, thanks to Rob for making all of this possible.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Congrats Walt!

I don't think Rob knows how much of an influence his reports are. I trust him over some mag taking in millions from ads.

....just need snow!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats Walt. Sabercat should be a great sled. In fact, I'll make a prediction that the Sabercat ends up high in the running for '04 "sled of the year". Should be a sweet ride.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Congrats Walt nice choice. The Saber is a great looking as well as great functioning sled. Your gonna love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts