Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am lookin at buyin a new sled in a little whiel here, and am really having a hell of a time figureing out what to buy...i am planin on racing sno-x in a few local small events, and am planin on racing 660 and 1000 foot ice drags... I will also trail ride this sled... At first i was planin n buyin a used 03 f-7 sp, but after a little thought, i was thinkin about getin a 02 or 03 440 sno-pro, but they ain't got all the power i want, so then i was thinkin about a blackmagic 711 or a 730 speedwerx, and now i'm kinda thinkin about a 04 f7 sp or a f6 sp... I am pretty sure i'm going to be gettin a 03 f7 and gear it down a little, put a clutch kit in it and a mbrp can... Has anyone raced there f-7 in sno-x? how does the suspendion handle it? And what kind of classes do u race it in?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
575 Posts
Get the f6 all the way. It will take the 600 class in drags, and even some of the 700's (almost all but the f7 :D ). I've heard nothing but positive things about the handling, and top end on this sled. It will stay with the f7 up to 70 miles per hour, then the f7 will start pulling away. Get the sno pro edition if you are planning on a lil Sno-X. The suspension is much stiffer. Overall the f6 is the sled I think will best suit you, that is of course if you are going to use them for drag racing, Sno-X, and trail riding. Good Luck to ya ^_^

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank u... i was also wondering if anyone tried there f6 or f7 in hill cross or a hillclimb? I still really liek the idea of a f-7 though... Is there much of a weight difference? And would u think the f6 would be better because AC got to work on it alittle longer and removed some of the bad things? I still don't know!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was told from Speedwerx that IF YOU ARE TRAIL RIDING DON"T GET THE 730 KIT..It's set up for high octane gas..premix and sno cross.

I nearly bought one off "ICE" but found this out--damn that woulda been a nice sled to have though. :p

S

·
0 Posts
The 440 snopro is for race only. it does not have the cooling to handle trail riding. I would love a F7 carb with the SNO PRO suspension that is if it is a true sno pro suspension. I would clutch the hell out of it, gear it. reeds. intake, studs, Then I think I would pull it out of the shop, take a picture, then drive the f-in crap out of it!!!! basically the same thing I did to my F5

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i realize that the o3 snopro does have exchangers, but i was still thinkin of it... It woudl be great for hillcross, and the sno-x part, and would do pretty good in a 660... if i did get a 03 zr 440 sp i would keep my sled for trails then

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
It woudl be great for hillcross, and the sno-x part, and would do pretty good in a 660... if i did get a 03 zr 440 sp i would keep my sled for trails then[/b]
Yes the 440 is fast. Kelly Shilts won like 5 classes at the world series of ice drags on a STOCK 03 440. He won 600 twin and 600 triple stock with the 440. I believe he also won 440 stock, 500 stock and 500 improved. I may have one wrong. Can't get a better sled for snox and 660 drags.

Cat S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts