Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put about 150 miles on the sled so far and it rips... It runs perfect and i love the setup but i i can't get the skis up in the air anything like i could with my F7. I have a 136 track with a 4 inch setback, the same setup i had on my f7 and i could hang the skis all day long with my f7... The way i like it.... Now with this sled, it seems like i'm not getting nearly enough weight transfer. The sled spins like a mofo and i think that with alittle more weight transfer i think my spinning problem will be solved... I had my F7 skid setup exactly the way i liked it, but i'm having alittle more problem setting up the new sled... Any help would be great... How in the hell are the mods able to stand em up, but i can't?!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Have you looked into the snopro-skid and realized the "coupling blocks" /can't/ be removed?
One might have to remove the whole coupling shaft to get weight transfer comparable to the one in the F-skids /wo coupling blocks.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I adjusted that shalt and all it helped some, but not nearly enough... I might try taking the shaft out... The limiter straps are of course in there longest possible already...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
they're made to not lift the skis. that's the whole idea, in snocross the holeshat is everything. I wouldn't remove the shaft, I beleive it's what keeps the rear arm from going too far.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats just it... i have no holeshot... I'm running a 136x2 inch track and all i do is spin... Last year with the 136 on my firecat i had no problems with holeshots... If i can get the skis up (more weight transfer) i will have it made...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thats just it... i have no holeshot... I'm running a 136x2 inch track and all i do is spin... Last year with the 136 on my firecat i had no problems with holeshots... If i can get the skis up (more weight transfer) i will have it made...[/b]
Try this and see if this makes any difference:
- Limiter straps as loose as possible
- Coupling shaft at the lowest possible position (same for Firecat, blocks in pos. 1)
- Torsion springs loose
- Front shock spring REALLY hard.

Then you'll see the skid on a flat surface, the rear of the rails should be a couple of inches of the ground.

This is roughly what my setup was for 201m dragracing with my F7. All holeshots were mine to own! =)

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have mine set up with just the coupling bar at the setting that allows for most transfer, and from a dead stop or even a rolling start i can just dangle the skis off the ground a few inches, but fuck me does it ever pull hard like that.. i like it way better then my wheelieing Firecat... in the deeper snow though I can get it to stand up pretty good.

Kevo

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thank you! Exactly what i was looking for!!![/b]
Btw, what model track are you using?
A friend of mine was sick'n'tired of the stock track on his Renegade 800 '06 ans switched it to the used at some early 21th century Summits, and we cut the lugs down to 1.7". MAN, what a difference! The new track hooks up like I-don't-know-what! The stock track was just plain horse shit. Had the same issues that you explain you're having now.
But I wouldn't think the track would make that kind of difference to you, as my buddy went from 16" to 15" wide track (but on the other hand that little inch wouldn't that difference either)

·
Registered
306 Posts
One racer that i know grinded down the smallest knob on the coupling shaft, he also put a long bolt in the shaft with big washers on both sides to make it stronger.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ride in the pow at all there skidoo man... Skis are the least of my conserns in the pow. Sorry i don't need my skis on the ground to ride. have fun on your blizzard, and oh yea... BLOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts