Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get real bad gas mileage!!! i get about 7 mlie to the gallon on a good day... there was a few time i got abotu 9 or 10, but i don't know what was different, i was drivein the same way, around the same speed, it might have been a little warmer though...I have a 97 Zr 580 efi... is there anythin i can do to get better gas mileage??? such as an chip, or somethin like that... i also would like a stiffer setup. i have the my suspendion on the highest seting and would lkike it to be a bit stiffer... what can i do to do this??? where would i have to move the skidframe, and would the limitor strap do anything??? is there an adjestment on the shocks??? thanks guys...

·
Registered
362 Posts
i was able to get 12 miles per gallon by adjusting the throttle positioning switch. this is not recomended by anyone but it worked for me. if you go too much it will burn down.was able to 125 miles per tank.
move your bottom rear suspension arm one set of holes to the rear. this will change the geometry and stiffen the rear.(also move the stop bar back one set of holes)

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I seem to remember people talking about problems with excessive fuel pressure causing high fuel consumption on some EFI sleds. What does your plug colour and piston wash look like? Is it running a bit rich? If I remember correctly youshould have around 34 - 35 psi on the fuel rail. The aftermarket had many adjustable fuel pressure regulators a few years ago. Maybe that is what you need, or at least first have the fuel pressure checked.

·
Registered
539 Posts
these things are very rich,you can get a leaner chip from arctic cat you have to know the color or the shape on your chip.or you can get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.move your rear arm back one position from stock,this will tighten you up a bit.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You may also want to check your clutch. Are you revving too high for the speed you are going? If you have alot of miles (3500) or more without a rebuild, you may want someone to take alook at that. Otherwise the fuel rail sounds like it could need an adjustment........tigger

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does run a bit rich. It doesn't seem to over rev or anything. it have about 3000 mile on it, the clutches look feel and work fine yet... They might have been rebuilt once, but i don't know. what would i have to do to the fuel pressure regualor to increase the mileage? Is there any other way i can get a bit more mileage out of it.some adjustment, maybe even fuel ingetion cleaner would help.... i would be happy with 9 miles to a gallon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts