Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 660' drag coming up in a week and a ½ and i got my dad to let me try it out. I have a 97 ZR 580 EFI all stock. It will be on ice, and i have 144 studs. Is there anything i can to to get just a bit more out of my sled. I raced a 2000 XC 600, a 2001 XC 600 and a 2002 Zl 600 EFI and i bet them all. not to be braggin or anything :D ...lol but any help would be great

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Gear it down. drop one tooth on top and add a tooth on the bottom gear or go down two teeth on the top gear and up one on the bottom. Use a chissel tooth traction product. (1.25")

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
tighten up the front shock in the rear suspention,let your limiter straps out so they are slack,turn the rear spring adjuster blocks to the softest setting.

·
Registered
539 Posts
just to let you know,i had 97 efi ported,heads cut to .058 squish & after market silencer, stock chip{these things are a little rich stock}it ran good,if you are beating xc600 w/ ves this is good they are strong runners.you have to cut heads and make these come out hard{at least 5500}they are piston port motor and have no bottom end torque.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts