Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss the days when I could get the kids off to school, and be on the trails by 8:30am. Myself and or with by buds we would head out to either Caledonia, Kent county, or head Sackville way. We'd put on a couple hundred miles and be back for supper. Call me crazy bit I like my local trails more than up north. I love when I can drive out of my garage and back in when I'm done. I find there is more of a variety of trails here in the south as well. Weekday sledding is the best.
And the next person that asks me how many miles I have put on my "ski-doo" this year is going to get a slap up side the head. Is it ever gonna snow here??
Please please please.....let it snow!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
You are so right. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sledding anywhere there's snow and it's good to see different parts of the country, but there's nothing like walking out the door and jumping on your sled and going for the day. Then coming home, parking the sled make a fire and put up your feet and fall asleep because of all the fresh air, no friggin around with a trailer in the dark, or wondering where you're going to get gas, or if you're going to get gas....etc etc etc

·
Registered
614 Posts
I feel your pain. If one more person tells me I should flip my sled over and use it as a treadmill, I'm going to go postal. I agree that it is very nice when you can leave from home without loading the sled on the trailer, messing with @[email protected]$ing cover and packing a weekend's worth of clothes in the truck. I also am a weekday driver. It's great to get out at the off-traffic times with a couple of my buddies. Last winter all of my miles were in the Bathurst area and although the trails were great and the hospitality was excellent, I miss ripping through the Shepody road and beating my guts out on the trail to Adair's to get a Wilderness burger!

Keep the Faith............it will snow! :fluffy:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Treadmill, good one, never heard that one before. It happened at hockey today, went in the corner and someone asked me about my "ski dooing" And how it was going (with a chuckle)............I came out of the corner alone and with the puck.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I agree I miss going to my camp in sussex for the weekend and snowmobiling out of there going to petticodiac for a run its good to go up north but its better when you can snowmobile local and then go up north for a change instead of always having to travel.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I feel your pain. If one more person tells me I should flip my sled over and use it as a treadmill, I'm going to go postal. I agree that it is very nice when you can leave from home without loading the sled on the trailer, messing with @[email protected]$ing cover and packing a weekend's worth of clothes in the truck. I also am a weekday driver. It's great to get out at the off-traffic times with a couple of my buddies. Last winter all of my miles were in the Bathurst area and although the trails were great and the hospitality was excellent, I miss ripping through the Shepody road and beating my guts out on the trail to Adair's to get a Wilderness burger!

Keep the Faith............it will snow! :fluffy:[/b]
Where have I heard "flip your sled, treadmill" story before. Uncle Bunky gots millions of them there sayings.

The weather is changing. It looks cold for the next few weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts