Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 580 Posts

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
Just like the title says.. Even when I own the Arctic Cat I'm beating its still fun! Here is the Vid, my bone Stock 2017 Assault 800 ES vs my 2015 HCR 800 ZUKE, the zuke has a blue printed engine, was clutched by some pro cat racer guy im told.. Both sleds have 2inch tracks, the snow was wet so hook up was good. The two sleds run good and both have less then 500 miles on them. This was just for fun guys but I had to see if the Polaris could beat the legendary 800 ZUKE in a short drag..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEDgIR-rp-k
what we see here in every race. real world, you know where there is snow. are only competition is doo or other poo's certainly not a 800 cat. :laff: toilet

·
Registered
244 Posts
The assault has a 2” track on it. And it’s far from trail gearing with a 2:10 ratio.
If anything I bet the Cat was geared taller with the mods it has.
A 2.10 ratio is a lot closer to "trail gearing" than a 2.6 ratio, which is what the cat would have for stock gearing. You are right though, the cat may not have stock gearing, but I'd bet it does.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
While I head off to church , a lot of praying

It’s time for all you Polaris faithful to check in , come back in 30 days with a new attitude

https://polaristeen.com/why-polaris/

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
A 2.10 ratio is a lot closer to "trail gearing" than a 2.6 ratio, which is what the cat would have for stock gearing. You are right though, the cat may not have stock gearing, but I'd bet it does.
Would that bee

Blue Printed Gearing

:stirthepot:

:laff:

·
Registered
757 Posts
I beat my buddies 2002 valved Zl 800 with my non valved 2001 XC 700 so bad, we weren't even in the same zip code anymore. What's your point? We all have these stories. Oh, and he had studs, and I didn't
Almost the exact same race on Lake Nokomis 2 years ago and the ZL smoked the XC. Gapped it all the way across the lake. Although it might have been a newer XC like an '04ish.

·
Registered
739 Posts
i have a friend that knew a guy that had a friend who had a brother ,his cousins friends uncle won 6 years ago.wasnt even close.

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
Cool race, but in the real world the Zuke beats all other 800s most of the time. It has more HP however, most 13- 17 zukes need some tweaking from the factory. My 2012 would have easily walked both of these machines, that sled was a rocket, also the 800 Assault is not that quick up top, mid to high 90s is all they will do.
Ask me how I know :whistle:

·
Administrator
20,652 Posts
Cool race, but in the real world the Zuke beats all other 800s most of the time. It has more HP however, most 13- 17 zukes need some tweaking from the factory. My 2012 would have easily walked both of these machines, that sled was a rocket, also the 800 Assault is not that quick up top, mid to high 90s is all they will do.
Ask me how I know :whistle:
Because you smoke from the same bowl, as Joe? Wow - talk about absolutely delusional :laff:

·
Administrator
20,652 Posts
That guy looks like a hell of a driver on the white and green machine.

I gotta give you credit. You reverse engineer almost as good as the Patriot Engine Team.

To BS! The Fastest Racer that isn't on the Fastest 800 Results Page. Good Job Again This Year.
One an only warning .... please, do us all a favor and make this mistake one more time :thumbsup:

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
Because you smoke from the same bowl, as Joe? Wow - talk about absolutely delusional :laff:
No, because I raced an Assault 800 on Cranberry Lake this year, I have pics, and it went about 95MPH tops.
You don't get a Polaris to have the fastest machine, you buy them for the chassis, Polaris currently sit in 4th place when comparing each brands fastest sled in a standing 1/4.
Doo's 900 Ace Turbo beat the Assault 850 but the 850 has a better top speed. Link is in my signature.
The Cat and Yammy were so far ahead compared to the other sleds I am surprised they even put them in the shootout.

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
As I said when you originally posted this a while back, did that guy even know you were racing? :laff:
Yeah we switched sleds, I got to drive the Assault on trails too, great chassis. Owners a great friend and a core riding buddy of mine.
He said he only saw 102-103 on my F but I touched 104-105 on an ideal patch.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Please explain more stinky! I spend a few weekends a year on Cranberry lake with my long time grass racing friends, all of which have outstanding running sleds. All brands covered. Ski Doo-Kory Reeds very fast sleds. Polaris-Billy Lutz’s very fast sleds. Arctic Cat-Mike Kirks very fast sleds. Yamaha-Anyone with a Turbo. Who’s Assault did you beat up on? Coming from a guy that has no idea how to tune a clutch? Not to mention there was so much snow on the lake drag racing was hard to do. So who were you beating up on???

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
Please explain more stinky!
Not much to explain.
A sled that normally goes over 100MPH beat a sled that doesn't.
OMG WHAT A SHOCKER.
Instead of saying, "hey stinki thats true and good run", I got to hear all the bitching, complaining and brand loyal butthurt every single time because god forbid the truth isn't ideal.

Who’s Assault did you beat up on? Coming from a guy that has no idea how to tune a clutch?
You sound offended.

Not to mention there was so much snow on the lake drag racing was hard to do. So who were you beating up on???
Conditions weren't ideal or I might have hit 105-107MPH, which is about normal/average top speed for a 10/11 F8.
And we didn't drag race on the lake, we all touched off to see how fast our sleds would go.
It was one of the first times I got to see my legs.
Average top speed for a stock Assault 800 is about 90-95, pretty common sled knowledge.

41 - 60 of 580 Posts