Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it does not spell good news for us sledders. EC is now saying that this mild winter (more like spring) shit will persist until March. Just fuking GREAT!! :banghead:

We are doomed if this is the case.

I really hope these ass wipes are wrong..... :frech32:

(but the cynic in me has a feeling that they may not be :( ) :banghead:

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Like you said yourself, EC cant predict squat, with the El Ninio just about out of steam the climat will return to almost normal values.

I heard asshat David Philips on CBC radio one yesterday while puttering around in the shop, he put so many variables in his "rest of winter" forcast outlook anything can happen.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, I hope to hell they are totally wrong......... :banghead:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
They are not too accurate as we know. I figure if it's warmer than norm we will get more snow, trails on access roads will be good and swamp trails may be a problem for slow riders. Might be the year to ride it like the neighbours wife. :div20:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If it keeps up I might just spend my 40th out west, blow the seasons $$$ in one week in the mountains.
Got the green light from the wife too, go figure she's sick of me already. She's all yours Bob !

Cheers

·
Registered
416 Posts
If it keeps up I might just spend my 40th out west, blow the seasons $$$ in one week in the mountains.
Got the green light from the wife too, go figure she's sick of me already. She's all yours Bob !

Cheers[/b]
Yesterday, A guy from work tried to sell me on a week to Revelstoke some time in February. He said they already have an 11ft base of snow. Looks real good in the brochure! I might just have to do the same and get my fill in one week.

Got a pic of the wife??? :ylsuper: :dunno:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Cheers[/b]
Yesterday, A guy from work tried to sell me on a week to Revelstoke some time in February. He said they already have an 11ft base of snow. Looks real good in the brochure! I might just have to do the same and get my fill in one week.

Got a pic of the wife??? :ylsuper: :dunno:[/b]
Let me know if you're serious about going out West - both of you. In about 2 weeks I will know for sure if I am going to plan a trip out West to B.C. Need 5-6 guys total.

Doonut is ready and waiting to go.

I swear, you guys will shit your pants the places I can take you to and the amount of snow you will see. It's WFO baby, no driving like a girl that's for sure.

P.S - no offence to the girls. :) :div20:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

Cheers[/b]
:beerchug: back at ya, my sled's no good for deep powder

·
Registered
385 Posts

Cheers[/b]

haha i was thinkin the same thing the other day... wondered about a trip to BC...

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
:beerchug: back at ya, my sled's no good for deep powder[/b]

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Well there goes another keyboard ......... chocolate milk through the nose this time

·
Registered
532 Posts
Watching TWN last night and the senior meteorologist said this pattern will not continue for much longer, he expects by the middle of Jan it will be over. We will have a normal winter as the pattern begins to break down and cold air from the Artic spills down south. He also said it should generate snow storms.

I hope he's is right.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
it's turning this week boys... hold your horses. jet stream is on the move :div20:

for what its worth... listened to a guy on am640 last night who had a lot to say about climate change. He definitely believes that there is human intervention, but it is combined with a natural change in the global weather similar to that seen over 5000 years ago. with asia pumping out more co2 than we can handle it is not helping to slow this change down. a lot of it has to do with the polution in the water that is causing changes to the gulf stream...

we're going to see crazy weather... meaning don't sell your sleds because it may be the only machine you can ride... might as well buy a hovercraft too. they may have to move the snowmobile market to other areas of the world too...

by his predictions, crazy weather that we have never seen before and weather experts know nothing about, will produce super storms.... his examples are of the tornado that hit London, UK the other week... the storms that hit southern usa, etc...

traditional seasons are changing. on the bright side, you may be able to ride your sleds well into april :div20:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
:beerchug: back at ya, my sled's no good for deep powder[/b]
LOL, both of us

She gives you the thumbs up Bob, she's only my first wife. Hope you got the goods !

I would rent the whole deal for sure, Glacier House in Reve has 800 Summits.....
40th is end of Feb and I would prefer to go when things are packed down a bit rather than floundering in 8 ft of fluff. My god that sounds good right now.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
And it does not spell good news for us sledders. EC is now saying that this mild winter (more like spring) shit will persist until March. Just fuking GREAT!! :banghead:

We are doomed if this is the case.
I really hope these ass wipes are wrong..... :frech32:
(but the cynic in me has a feeling that they may not be :( ) :banghead:[/b]
STOP IT MAN! :banghead:

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey the weather network is predicing BELOW 0 starting on tusday for Port Perry (lake scugog) its about time.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
David Phillips was on Q107 a while back and Derringer asked him what the percentage rate was for calling a forecast. He said, 75-80% within 24hrs, 45-50% within 48hrs and every day reduces down by 20%, in other words they don't know shit and you and I have a better chance at it. Two months ago Phillips was saying "a typical Canadian winter with cold temps and snow" , good call Davey :div20:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.