Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 f5 sp with a speedwerx can that i got from a buddy that was made for an f7. am i hurting my sled any(power,speed,ect.) i talked to someone at speedwerx and he said that anything u put form a larger engine to a smaller is going to help because of size and what not. does that mean that if i put and f7 y pipe on my f it will help me. and does anyone know if it will fit.
i am only 14 so i dont know that much any information helps me

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have an 03 f5 sp with a speedwerx can that i got from a buddy that was made for an f7. am i hurting my sled any(power,speed,ect.) i talked to someone at speedwerx and he said that anything u put form a larger engine to a smaller is going to help because of size and what not. does that mean that if i put and f7 y pipe on my f it will help me. and does anyone know if it will fit.
i am only 14 so i dont know that much any information helps me[/b]
Typically a can does nothing for performance in terms of HP, but does dramatically reduce weight.......10-15 lbs. There's quite a few opinions out there on this subject and suggest you do a search on this thread.

I any event, it shouldn't hurt you in any way. I am a bit confused by the Speedwerx guy comment........ :blink: .."anything u put form a larger engine to a smaller is going to help because of size and what not"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typically a can does nothing for performance in terms of HP, but does dramatically reduce weight.......10-15 lbs. There's quite a few opinions out there on this subject and suggest you do a search on this thread.

I any event, it shouldn't hurt you in any way. I am a bit confused by the Speedwerx guy comment........ :blink: .."anything u put form a larger engine to a smaller is going to help because of size and what not"[/b]
those werent his exact words but u understand for the most part. but me being so young half of what he said went in one ear and out the other. all i cought was its not going to hurt u as far as horsepower

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
All I can tell you is that most of the threads on here are people trying to figure out how to make there sled run right after they put aftermarket products on. I am first to admit it that I am one of those. Eventually most run as good as stock some better but it really is not worth the headache. Figure out how much money the can and Y will cost you and put it away for a cool snowmobile trip sometime. Not preaching just giving you my :m2c:

Good luck and enjoy the snow!

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
if Speedworks doesn't list that can for for F7 and F5 i wouldn't run it.

the exhaust system is the MOST critical thing to performance on a two-stroke engine.

the BIkeman or D&D Y-pipe are huge compared to the stock 700 ones. i cant imagine they would run right on a 500.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
My young friend, the F5 has a temperature sensor mounted on the pipe. The F5 is hard on those and the minute your performance falls off that is normally the culprit. Put a new one on and it should run just peachy, they are not that much money. My 2 cents. Number 18 on the drawing and the part number is 0630 165. For any parts info go to

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/

and you can find any part for any year of sled. Click on the image to get the full and readable version. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts