Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is getting sick of being beat with his 800 VS my F7. Last night we put twin pipes, clutch kit, Vforce, Head, SLp airbox,and chisels. What do you guys think? I think I may be in trouble! If not he is going to be pissed,Almost 1500.00 in everything.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
two weeks ago i beat a 2002 xcsp-700 with a boost bottle
clutch kit and a after market airbox,(mine is stock)
before we raced he was shooting his mouth off a lot.
after the race's, he sead his clutches were dirty.
and now he says it hauls ass,
but for some reason...........he wont race me again.
gee.........i wonder why??????

·
Registered
242 Posts
Spent the last week with my whole riding group (20 guys) in Timmins, Ontario. Sleds consisted of

2 RX1s
2 Rev 800s
4 XC 800 edges (all modified with twin pipes, clutches, reeds, etc)
1 XCR 800 triple (bored, ported, polished, head work, pipes, reeds, clutch kit, valve work)
and a bunch of other smaller or older sleds.

I didn't get into the racing the first day but One of the REV 800s took everybody but the triple (same guy owns that so it was on the trailer)

Next day I put 8 sled lengths on him in 800 ft after he spent a whole night talking smack about how fast the REV was. Next day he's at the dealership where they convinced him the new Blair Morgan edition would run with or outrun the F7. He bought it and got spanked by 8 lengths again.

He pulled out the triple later that day and got me by about 2-3 lengths so his honor was restored until every started giving him grief about a stock 700 staying right with his 800 triple with $5,500 into the motor. Its for sale now and he wants a F9 to race with.

I did get to ride all of the sleds back to back though and I came away with some different opinions from the ones I had going in.

RX1 - SMOOTH. This sled would be the on I would want to be on for any long distance ride. Power is steady and strong without pulling on your arms. I wouldn't like it for a 100% balls out run through the twisties but for a 200 mile cruise it is sweet.

REV. I really liked the comfort and precision of the ride in the trails. Blair Morgan edition is much better than the regular. Dual runner skis are awesome. I like the seating position and could be comfortable with it all day but I can see why people complain about it. I banged up my knees pretty good until I got used to it. All in all though, I would pick this sled over a ZR or regular MX-Z for sure.

F7 - Stiil my favorite and most of my group (No AC guys) liked riding it better than their own also. I'm set up pretty good now but still bone stock. It ran through the twisties great and I put on 240 miles the last day and could go 100% or 70% with the same comfort (not so on the REV or RX1). First time riding in the dark and the headlights SUCK.

My thoughts are now that the RX1 is the best all out cruiser sled if you are not going to ride with some HCSers. The REV is best through the tight twisties when you want to be very aggressive but the F7 doesn't give up much at all. You definately don't have to work as hard to be fast as you do on the F7.

The F7 is the best all around and doesn't slack to anything. It also was the only sled that had 0 problems for the week. No jetting, fussing or worrying about it being -40°. Ran great the whole week. The best part being I have bragging right to being the fastest. I did get a clutch kit from Dan and he says 4-5 sleds so even the triple better look out as far as racing goes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did hole shot races with a ZX800 both of us are stock as far as I know and he was no match the poor guy, I'm at a little over 145 miles now, I think I'm pretty much broken in, recomment longer races ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts