Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the two front bolts out but i cant get the rear ones out and my dad thinks im going after the wrong bolt but their is nothing else there so what do i do? so basically i just want the skid out!!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't there a bolt that screws into that from the outside, just above the running board in the fishbone reinforcement?[/b]

yes there is but it isn't just the bolt it has a nut or something because it doesnt just come out but it does spin. their is a piece that i got ahold on to but both my dad and i (together) couldn't budge it so he doesnt think its right so i need to know what to do

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
Use a 7/8" or 15/16" wrench and hold the black colored nut on the back side. You have a pic of it posted. It probably had loc-tite on it at some point so it may come out hard but it will come out.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Yeah, they're a bastard the first time around. You are doing it right. I think it's a 7/8" that goes on the nut (round with two flat sides). I did mine with an impact, and it still took some doing to get it loose. So if you are working at it by hand, well then it sucks to be you unless you are built like Lou Ferrigno.

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
I always thought the front two were the hard ones for people to get out.

Like everyone else has said. Get a 7/8th on the inside and hold it while you use a 9/16 socket to remove the bolt. Easy :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I got a rench for that its skiny and speicaly for that, got it for 5 bucks fomr my friend that was a poo mechanich, its a bitch to get out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts