Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well last winter i went to my arctic cat dealership and said i have a 2003 arctic cat f7 and i need a belt, they said alright here ya go and gave me a Carlisle Max2 #Max 130M2 I looked up the lenght and width and although it doesn say this belt is for a F7 the length and width were the same, not sure about the hight though? Anyways i put it on ebay for a 2003 F7, and said im sure it will fit other year f7's and other sleds so check before bidding. I had a guy buy it and everything went good but now he opened a dispute in paypal saying its not the right belt and it doesnt work... I then asked him what kinda sled hes trying to put it on and he told me a 06 f7 chaincase model, and he said that the 06 and 03 f7's have the same size belt? Is he telling the truth and should i refund his money or was this his mistake for not checking to see if it will fit, because if this belt works for a 2003 F7 then im in the clear and its his fault if it will work for the 03 but not a 06. Please let me know guys asap. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I owned a 2003 F7 and I think the 03-04 belts were the same and then they changed with the 05 and later model years. Also, did they even make a non-DD in 06? I mean a non-DD Firecat? You should check with cat's online micro fiche for belt part numbers.

Brad

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, well last winter i went to my arctic cat dealership and said i have a 2003 arctic cat f7 and i need a belt, they said alright here ya go and gave me a Carlisle Max2 #Max 130M2 I looked up the lenght and width and although it doesn say this belt is for a F7 the length and width were the same, not sure about the hight though? Anyways i put it on ebay for a 2003 F7, and said im sure it will fit other year f7's and other sleds so check before bidding. I had a guy buy it and everything went good but now he opened a dispute in paypal saying its not the right belt and it doesnt work... I then asked him what kinda sled hes trying to put it on and he told me a 06 f7 chaincase model, and he said that the 06 and 03 f7's have the same size belt? Is he telling the truth and should i refund his money or was this his mistake for not checking to see if it will fit, because if this belt works for a 2003 F7 then im in the clear and its his fault if it will work for the 03 but not a 06. Please let me know guys asap. Thanks![/b]
Cat went to a kevlar belt in 05-06 but we had a LOT of people reshim their clutch to run the 03-04 belt. nobody cared for the performance of the kevlar and the $79+ price. If the guy is telling you he has a chaincase model he doesn't know anything about his sled. (ask him if he has a three speed transmission!)

·
Premium Member
13,978 Posts
Cat went to a kevlar belt in 05-06 but we had a LOT of people reshim their clutch to run the 03-04 belt. nobody cared for the performance of the kevlar and the $79+ price. If the guy is telling you he has a chaincase model he doesn't know anything about his sled. (ask him if he has a three speed transmission!)[/b]
05 and 06 Firecats with the reverse option were chaincase. Not sure about the three speed transmission though...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the last message the guy sent me, obviously doesnt know what hes talking about. And what i said in my listing is This belt is for a 2003 F7, im sure it will fit other year f7's and other model sleds so check before bidding. I obviously said it was for a 2003 f7 anything else check before you bid.

It was tired on a 06 chaincase F7 sled - which is the same belt as a 03 firecat. The problem is the hieght on the belt - it will not work on a firecat - I call carlise itself - tha belt is designed to work on a jag 440, zl 440, quite a few acrtic cat 440 sleds. It sits up too high in the clutches as will not let the clutches work as designed - You clearly advertised this belt to be for F7, and while it may be close to the firecat belt - It is not for one - It is clearly listed for other sleds - I do not want to be hard to get along with - but this belt is useless to me and while $40 is not alot, this was advertised wrong by no fault of my own, I bought it in good faith as per the advertisment - next time list it as to what it is.

Ok and i just checked and a stock 06 f7 belt is 44 11/66" length and 1 15/32 width Now for a 2003 f7 stock belt its length is 47 3/4" and its width is 1 13/32 (which is almost exact to what the belt is i sold for a 2003 f7, the only diff is like a 1/16th of a inch on the width which wouldnt cause a problem. There is obviously a huge difference! I hate when people dont look stuff up before bidding and try blaming it on me... now im prob gonna have to loose money and take back a belt that he prob messed up now trying to use it on a wrong sled! god do people make me mad! So unless he realizes hes wrong, then im gonna have to send his money back instead of getting bad feedback or something dumb.-- sorry for the vent but i dont know what do to!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Actually there were chaincases used in 06....every one equipped with reverse. They used a 0627-035 belt. Not sure how that compares to the 03 0627-020 belt?

·
Premium Member
13,978 Posts
Actually there were chaincases used in 06....every one equipped with reverse. They used a 0627-035 belt. Not sure how that compares to the 03 0627-020 belt?[/b]
The 035 belt is 47 ¾” (+or- 3/16”) with a 1 13/32”width. The 020 belt is 46 11/16” (+or- 3/16”) with a 1 ¼”width.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 035 belt is 47 ¾” (+or- 3/16”) with a 1 13/32”width. The 020 belt is 46 11/16” (+or- 3/16”) with a 1 ¼”width.[/b]

I think you must have that mixed up the 020 is 47 3/4" and still thats quit a bit of diff.

·
Premium Member
13,978 Posts
I think you must have that mixed up the 020 is 47 3/4" and still thats quit a bit of diff.[/b]
This info was taken direct for the Arctic Cat drive belt dimension chart, the 020 belt shows it is 46 11/16"

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you must have a wack chart lol, i donno i just looked up a chart like that and those are mixed up

ok i see what your doing wrong.. the first numbers are 0627.... and it looks like the 035 is the same, if this is correct then ill return the guys money once i get the belt back and bring this to my cat dealership and demand a refund (which prob wont happen) and ill be screwed... fuck!

·
Premium Member
13,978 Posts
you must have a wack chart lol, i donno i just looked up a chart like that and those are mixed up[/b]

Here's a scan of the page. You are correct & I am wrong. Was reading the wrong belt. Doh!

·
Premium Member
13,978 Posts
If the belt you sold is for an 03 F7, then you are correct & the buyer is in error. Might want to save that chart I just posted & maybe e-mail it to him.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the belt is what my local cat dealer gave me for a 03 f7, its a carlisle max 2 #130M2 which is 47 3/4" in lenghth and 1 3/8" width. I dont know if this would work or not, i dont know why my dealership would give me this if it wouldnt work... i mean the demensions are really damn close youd think itd work.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
The 03 belt will work on the 06 f7 R chain case, they share the same dimension clutches, and center to center distance between the shafts, the 03 came with 020, 06 f7 r with 035 which is the same dimensions as the 020 but is made of kevlar for dependability. SO IT WILL WORK FINE, that clown just probably has to add a shim in his secondary clutch to get it to sit lower.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
did you guys read the whole thing? It was the max2 belt not a factory cat belt... it seems like it should be the right size, but you guys really think it should be fine then? He did say that its the hight thats the problem which means he should adjust his shims or something right? Thanks allot for all the help so far guys but i really wanna make sure whos mistake this is

·
Registered
161 Posts
in any event, you advertised a belt for an 03 f7, and that is what you sold him. if he has an 06, why did he buy your belt? its his problem, not yours

·
Registered
615 Posts
One thing that no one pointed out is that Paypal can do nothing for him. I've gone through this myself. They will only get involved with shipping problems, ie: if he never got the belt. They will NOT get involved in problems with item description, ie: it was not the belt described. So, he bought the belt for an 03 F7 that fit other sleds but never confirmed which other sleds they were. His fault for not doing the research. Tell him tough luck and prepare for a negative feedback or give him his money back and get your belt back and relist. It's up to you. Either way, have no fear about Paypal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts