Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what to do i have the sp 1.375 track but I don't think I really need it. I am thinking of getting a shorter track lug so I am holding off on studding my sled until I make up my mind on what to do. I am thinking of getting the hacksaw or the ripsaw. I do like to have the occasional lake race and I Don't really want any restrictions from my track slowing me down. I have seen 107 on gps almost always on the lake thin snow(crusty) and as low as 102 gps with a little snow cover but it feels like it can do a little more the fastest I have seen was 109 perfect conditions on gps but my speedo was saying 116 so there is some track spin. My question is if I get a diff track im not sure if i can install it has dd i never did it before and is it worth it for me to get it I'm sure i can do it though , what track to get what improvement in top end would i see from the ripsaw over the 1.375 our should i get the hack saw if i do get either one of these tracks i am going to stud it. the hacksaw is 1inch and the ripsaw is 1.25 but the weights on these 2 tracks is much less than my stock 1.375. sorry if this is confusing, any input would help.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i have a 1.375 inch track and love it, my cousin has a standerd and i stay with him and his 1 inch track. they go the same speed on speedo. so i dont see a problem with the snopro track

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
i would make clutching a higher priority than the track in your case....

but if you do buy a track mine as well go with the 1 inch lug.....

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey DR F7,

Let me tell you my dilema.... Not enough traction! That is why I ordered the Ripsaw 1.25". After putting the big engine in & clutching it, I found that I could not hook up. I did fair on hardpack, but still spun alot outa the hole. I am hopeful that the deeper lugs with some 1.450" megabites will do the trick. I do alot of trail riding with it & some lake racing. Most of it with loose snow, so for me the 1" track just wasn't cutting it.

Get the right track for the conditions you will be in the most.... you'll be happy most of the time. Ideally, a 1" track would be the best for racing hardpack & low snow conditions.... but how often do you have that? Where I ride, maybe three to five times a season.

Just my 3 cents. :cn:

-Also, if you really want to try a 1" track... I'll swap you mine for your 1.375" straight up. Mine even has 192 Woddy's Comp carbide studs already. Let me know.

·
Registered
927 Posts
hey if you do get a differant track, ill take that sno pro track from ya..for free :banana:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I think you already have the track your looking for, you just don't know it yet. I don't think the 1.375 slows you down as much as people say.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THERE IS LIKE A 7 POUND DIFF IN WEIGHT BETWEEN THE 1.25 RIPSAW AND THE 1.375 AND THE HACKSAW IS EVEN LIGHTER!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Wait you saw 109 on GPS with your 1.375, thats pretty damn good.

Some 1"ers cant see that, i'd throw a couple studs in that track and keep it. I herd its a night and day difference between the 1.375 and the 1" on loose stuff.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait you saw 109 on GPS with your 1.375, thats pretty damn good.

ITS OK BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH ! THERE WAS A GUY UP THERE RUNNING 113 ON TOP END 05 STANDARD WITH STUDS! I JUST THINK THE 1.375 IS OVERKILL. FOR WERE I RIDE.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Its all personal prefenence i have a standard that came with the 1" track, i put 500 miles on it and decided to pick up an 1.5" track for this season which i cant wait to get in some loose shit and put some miles on. Also if you seriosly decide you want a 1" track shoot me a PM b/c im not sure yet if i am goign to keep the 1" or sell it but if i sell it ill give you a decent price and its in like new condition.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
are you just going for top speed or you like drag racing? if you drag race the sno pro tracks hook up way better than the 1" and by the time they start catching up to you with there couple more mph the racing is over

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have a 1.375" track on my sled and 2 sleds before this one and i'd never go back to the 1" again. It hooks up great and runs straight. Goes trhough the deep awesome. I can even get over 100 with it. I don't think the deep lug slows these sleds down as much as people say they do. I even have 102 studs. :augen41:

·
Registered
171 Posts
ive had 110 mph on my speedo. 05 sno pro. track hooks up greit! if you learn to drive the machine you can drive away from the m5 sometimes m6 short edition on m6

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THANKS FOR THE TRACK OFFER BUT MY WIFE SABER HAS THE 1 INCH ON AND ITS NOT THAT GREAT IM THINKING OF THE RIPSAW OR HACKSAW. ON A LAKE STUDS WILL HELP YOU MORE THAN TRACK LENGTH.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
are you going for top speed or 660 foot or what??? I'm with most of the guys on here... i'd stick with the stocker track and stud it. Its a win win combo.

·
Registered
970 Posts
on the trail and on the lake 1 with studs. if your in alot of loose snow keep what you got. i know for a fact that a 1.375 will slow you down about 6 to 7 mph. 1000 feet 1.375 = 104 mph, 1in track = 111 mph same day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts