Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bad day yesterday...me and my friend (both have F5 snopro's) and we were WTO down the straightaway and we were side by side top end on the trail and at the end there was a cop with a radar gun! He radared us at 145kms AND we each got a 450$ ticket! Bad day!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah I would have ran, I did last year..but The cop was in a car and he was parked right in front of the trail on the side of the road...and I couldn't go anywhere...I hardly ever drive on the trails too

·
Registered
207 Posts
Man I have to agree that is some serious ching....just plain sucks. But, I think that you may have made the right choice not running. Way worse if you get caught. I'm not sure where you are from, but here in MN, last spring there was a report in the local paper about a guy who tried to run on his "New Polaris XC 700" and got caught. The last line in the report was that " sled was impounded and forfieture procedings were implemented" ie. he no longer owns his sled......

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I love Wisconsin. We dont have any speed limits on the trails. Only limits are 50 @ night and in towns might be 25. Most trails are unlimited. I once past a county sheriff that pulled some one over for speeding on the side of the road. The trail ran right next to the road. Well i decied to pin it all the way. Gave me the dirtest look i ever saw. The guy in the car was pointing @ me to try and get the cop after me and instead of him but i was not breaking any laws. :D Now alls we need in WI is some snow.

·
Registered
504 Posts
where i live we have 2 groomed trail and i don't know if there is a speed limit but the cops ride around sometimes on old Skandic's and my and by buddy don't put licsence plates on our sled because the won't fit right on the flap and i am not drill my new sled for a plate so if the cops want to chase a sno pro and f5 to ticket us they can but we know most of the trails perfectly but i am not planning to get a ticket for not drillin into my new $8500 sled

·
Registered
831 Posts
Minnesota law, fleeing a police officer is a felony! they will take your sled for keeps if they catch you! i only have one problem with your story, you shouldn't race side by side on trails , DUH!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
:angry: Be glad there wasn't another sled or a groomer comming the other way at the end or we would be reading your obituary. Side by side on a trail at max speed. You deserve more than a ticket. Stay home or go to the track. You give snowmobilers a bad name. Wise up.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Racing is NOT for the trails...neither is riding side by side. You deserved that ticket. Why should anyone feel sorry for you for showing your own stupidity? Did you learn your lesson?

·
Registered
221 Posts
for all you people who THINK you can outrun the cops, get away with not putting your registration on your sled, etc, etc...... REMEMBER THIS, you can NEVER EVER outrun a radio. sooner or later they will get you, impound your $8500 sled till june and then who will be laughing ,,, the cops when you come in crying about how you can't get your sled out of the impound. for all you RENEGADE WANNABEES, YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON INSURANCE RATES ARE SKYROCKETING. it only takes a select few to ruin it for everyone else!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
teamarcticf5
hahaha my dad told me if the cops want me to pull over on my sled they will have to catch my first haha[/b]
Sounds like good parental guidance to me.I am wondering what kind of dad tells their son to run the cops?
Probably the same dad who sues Cat when their son wrecks at 100 m.p.h. :blink:

·
Registered
165 Posts
IF YOUR RACING SIDE BY SIDE ON A TRAIL YOU DESERVE A TICKET AND A GOOD ASS KICKING YOU ENDANGER
EVERY ONE ELSE ON THAT TRAIL INCLUDING ME AND
MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE
FOR CHRIST SAKE IF YOU WANT TO RACE FIND A TRACK :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
132 Posts
just remember they said a long straight away.. there is a lot more danger out there than two people on a straight away. like pulling out without looking on that same long straight away or parking in the middle of trail below the hill. Most dangerous places I've found are inside hugger of corners. we all have lined up before, give them a break.......

·
Registered
504 Posts
first of all i never said that i race side by side on a trail. we always ride behind each other and most of the time i am not even close to the snopro because he is a better rider then i am and he has alot better traction
i would never dream of racing on a trail, even when i am rydin on a trail i am always scared of what could be comin around the same turn on my side. thats what we have lakes and rivers for racing. and where i live speeding on trails is barely inforced. i haven't seen a cop with a radar on a trail once. so there are alway people on t-cats and 800's flying on some trails
they only time the cop are with a radar are during the snow drags where the cops use the radar to tell u ur make speed in the race.

and i can say that i have had my sled up to 75 mph and thats is and that was on a lake. i didn't WTO it because we were the first people on the lake since a snow fall and u never know what is under the snow.
and since our trails aren't groomed they aren't smooth so i wouldn't think of going fast on them because there could always be a tree or a big dip in the way

·
Registered
40 Posts
Give him a break. Like no one else ever lined up side by side and raced down a long wide trail? What wrong with that when you can see all the way down to the other end? If its in the woods, thats a different story.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts