Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, along with a bunch of other people, had trouble getting my F7 to corner well on the trails. I an an ex-racer, so I knew what I was looking for in terms of handling and cornering. I put on a set of Simmons skis with 6" carbides, and wow!!! I can now attack the corners. I increased my corner speed and my ability to accelerate out of the corner. I returned my limiter strap to the stock position. The sled now handles like it is on rails. No twitches, no wandering, just confidence inspiring handling.

R

·
0 Posts
What kind of snow conditions? All? where you you ride? I only seem to notice a little push in the soft stuff. Hard pak and most trail conditions seem to be fine with 8" woodys and loose front spring and tightened limiters. ^_^

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just brought my STD F7 back home from maine to adjust a few things to the
suspension. Thing i did so far loosened front springs, Front arm shock is abought 1/2 way, Put 20% stiffer suspension kit in.... The ride is better
but cornering is still pretty un stable.. I just purchased 7.5" carbides from
the outdoor shop.

My limiter strap has no holes and did not touch my coulpler blocks yet..

My weight is 230 pounds
Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS ROB GREAT SITE I HAVE 2500 MILES SO FAR, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used the Simmons skis in the softer stuff and on the hard trails. They work awesome in both situations. There are a ton of mountain guys that run them as well. I am running a studed track, 120 studs. The skis are a little pricey, but I love the sled now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to mention, I have not tightened up my limiter straps on this sled. I rode some with limiter straps sucked up, and they were twitchy coming into the corners. With the Simmons, there is no twitchy handling at all. Just confidence inspiring control. I do have my coupling blocks adjusted to the highest level, and my rear spings adjusted to the highest setting. This F7 has the sno-pro package, and I weigh 230.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I drilled new holes and tightened my limiter straps about 1 1/4" and put 8" carbides on the standard skis and it now handles great. I have 96 studs and 1'm 250lbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts