Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a year I finally got off my ass and registered, truly one the the best sites on the net .I've got a 50th fuse and I'm happy with it,I knew i was buying a first year sled and Knew there is always going to be issues.Yeah I smoked a belt, and thought the mileage was bad ,the first weekend,until I brought it back to the dealer and recalibrated the tank ,threw me a couple of belts . By mid winter I was first in line for the new mounts. Even the vibes are blown way out of proportion, sure you can feel it but come on !And those who bash it's always,I drove my freinds , come on when have any of us gotten on our buddies sled and said "hey I like this " it always going to be "this is a POS" because thats what we do,we're guys.So saying that ,I'me happy and now that my updates are done I can finally start modding my sled.In the words of Jesse James "i hate riding stock"

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Originally posted by StevieWonder@Oct 12 2005, 12:49 PM
Well after a year I finally got off my ass and registered, truly one the the best sites on the net .I've got a 50th fuse and I'm happy with it,I knew i was buying a first year sled and Knew there is always going to be issues.Yeah I smoked a belt, and thought the mileage was bad ,the first weekend,until I brought it back to the dealer and recalibrated the tank ,threw me a couple of belts . By mid winter I was first in line for the new mounts. Even the vibes are blown way out of proportion, sure you can feel it but come on !And those who bash it's always,I drove my freinds , come on when have any of us gotten on our buddies sled and said "hey I like this " it always going to be "this is a POS" because thats what we do,we're guys.So saying that ,I'me happy and now that my updates are done I can finally start modding my sled.In the words of Jesse James "i hate riding stock"
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924379
[/quote]

Welcome offically to HCS!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what I'm talking about, the brotherhood of sledders where you really make a newbie feel welcome, thanks y'all :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
welcome :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome and I agree with you. The Fusion is a damn good sled by any standard. People just forget what junk has been built over the years. We're all getting spoiled.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Welcome Stevie...nice to have another "positive" Fusion owner on board.
cheers, :beer2:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I'm new to HCS also and I agree with Steve also. I own a 900 anniversary fusion. The first hundred miles I questioned it, but it gets better after you put some miles on. I think the chasis is heading in the right direction, but I wish the motor was a little stronger. I also had troubles with it darting I think I will try new skies this year. I bought the wife a 600ho race graphics it will be interesting to see the difference in the sleds after one year. I think a lot of the stuff you hear is blown way out of porpotion, but then again I am a die hard polaris fan. :div20: :banana:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Absolutely Chief, I'm just deciding between SLP powder pros or usi railers, can't decide and I need some feedback, also the blue skis have to match my sled :banana:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Steve,right now I have stock skies with "8" INCH Carbide it turns on a dime, but it darts bad. I was thinking c&a raisors. I just got it back from the dealer with 5 recalles lets hope this is it. How many studs are you running? :banana:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got the same skis with the 8 inch ,studs not enough last year only 96 with the theory of ripsaw ,wont need as many .But decided to go old school, 144 back where I've always been.You know studs break ,tracks rip , the sun sets. Ijust rebuilt a skid and replaced a track for a freind with a rx1, ripsaw was 1 year old wrecked from rocks on the trail,nothing you can do ,its snowmobiling you just carry on :cn:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by fire_chief@Oct 12 2005, 08:18 PM
I'm new to HCS also and I agree with Steve also. I own a 900 anniversary fusion.  The first hundred miles I questioned it, but it gets better after you put some miles on.  I think the chasis is heading in the right direction, but I wish the motor was a little stronger.  I also had troubles with it darting I think I will try new skies this year.  I bought the wife a 600ho race graphics it will be interesting to see the difference in the sleds after one year.  I think a lot of the stuff you hear is blown way out of porpotion, but then again I am a die hard polaris fan. :div20:  :banana:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925733
[/quote]
try the simmons ski's NO DARTING!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heres my question about simmons ,a good friend of mine has them , loves them,but he's driving a vertical escape and does a lot deep powder up north.I do a lot of groomed trail(aggresively) and don't want any push.My wifes rev has precisions, I know its a rev blah,blah and it pushes .So now it gets more complicated, simmons ,slp or usi's :banghead:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have driven your vibrator, i will take my 800X anyday! by the way $2000 worth of work wont make you faster either than me. see you on the trails :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love it ,thats the type of stuff I love ,when a friend gets on your sled for 5 mins (literally) and makes a call.I do remember however that your sled spent more time in for service and clutching then my supposedly poor quality sled .and I had no intension on dragging anybody till my motor mounts were done. And I also knew I was getting a first year sled so I'm quite happy with it .As for my mods I always do them ,not to go faster just to be different :beer: If I go faster it's all good. Seriously when are we gettin together seeing how you live 2 mins away :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts