Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Public Relations Officer
Cat SX
15,773 Posts
And if you offer to pay your medical bill in $100 bills because your insurance won't cover it until $6K, you'd be amazed how much they knock off the price knowing that... I typically see 50% savings.
Oh no question about that. I carry a $10k deductible and don't even bother giving insurance info for the little shit we have to do. I go in as a "cash payer" and it's typically marked down 40% if you pay on the spot.

Yep....I think the margins of profit are plenty flexible.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
And if you offer to pay your medical bill in $100 bills because your insurance won't cover it until $6K, you'd be amazed how much they knock off the price knowing that... I typically see 50% savings.
I look at all my insurance statements and they do the same thing. I'd say they typically pay 30-50% less than the bill they're getting. Then the billing department makes an adjustment to match it pretty close.
The doctors and hospitals always shoot high. Don't know why but again how is that the insurance company fault, why are they supposed to police the entire industry? They have one job, to pay my bills.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Don't know why but again how is that the insurance company fault, why are they supposed to police the entire industry? They have one job, to pay my bills.
Its NOT there JOB to police the entire industry, THIS I agree
BUT when your business is being severely price gouged, it IS GOOD and NORMAL practice to try and correct it, and NOT just roll with it still, due to your making money!
there what is called a FAIR price that should be expected by ALL business's,
and there YES will always be premium things that pull the prices they do

BUT Insurance company's again LET this ball get so big, so its a LOT there own dam fault here, like it or not, it if walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its called a DUCK! LOL

·
Administrator
12,517 Posts
So is Vince Li free and selling insurance now????

:roflmao::laff::lol:
Carry on :bc:

·
Registered
39,555 Posts
Some insurance companies are trying to reel in costs.They are sending people to other countries for some of the high dollar procedures and even offering some cash kickbacks because of the enormous savings.
If you ever want to ruin somebodys day at the doctors office,just ask how much somthing is going to cost before they do it.The usually dont even know...what the hell is that?!
....or price shop...youll shit your pants on the wild different prices.Its like they asked a third grader how much they should charge for somthing and just pull a number out of their ass.
Too many people are lining their pockets in the health care business....and Im not even talking about doctors or surgeons,some of those guys even think the costs are nuts.Its the pencil pushers that are making the money.
Its really everybody in this countrys fault for letting it get so damn out of control over the years.I dont know if it can really be fixed at this point because the costs have gotten so high at the supply side that even if a smaller company wanted to provide real affordable health care they would probably just be trampled or regulated out of business by the big money.
As far as Im concerned,health insurance is the biggest scam in our whole country.Most people dont even know what they are getting for their money....if anything at all.
As long as your healthy and young i always thought the same way....insurance is basically a scam, until you have a major accident or illness. What i think is a scam is what these drug companies are charging for meds. Try getting your prescription meds without any insurance....you'll see what they charge.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You're a lunatic if you think health insurance companies are at fault 100%. It's not their job to fight the costs. Theyre in the insurance business. Not healthcare checks and balances. Supply and demand, consumer vs supplier. Insurance company is just that, take it or leave it. Very modern way of looking at it though...
You want them to fight for you to lower your costs... Makes alot of sense. Hey why don't you call my city about my property tax hike too, it's your job.
Is your car insurance to blame for the cost of a car fender?
So what was the gvmts plan to fix it? They passed a law saying the only way ins co's can make more money is to pay out more. Fucking morons.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts