Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With factory set up went thru my first set of slides at 300 miles, the only portion of the slides that were badly worn were in front of the idler wheels (front wheels).

Made the following changes; rear couplers to position 3, moved the front spring(so) up 1/2 inch, did not loosen the rear suspension spring & put another 200 miles, still worn at same spot as first set only not as bad.

I have now loosened the rear spring about a 1/4 inch from the bottom, anyone think this will take care of the problem or has any one experienced anything similar to this?

Otherwise NO problems! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on the track being to tight-when I had my sled in for my updates-I had them check the tension & they said everything checked out fine-if anything more on the loose side. any other suggestions??

·
Registered
47 Posts
On all my sleds, I run the track just tight enough so that it doesn't ratchet over the drive cogs.
SO loosen your track way up. Out of the hole with a good hookup, if it ratchets tighten it one turn and try it again. A loose free wheel'n track has great performance gains by reducing drag. Very important to be sure track is centered as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts