Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I often park at the hwy #115/35 parking lot to go into the Ganny, anyhow last night around 6:00 PM Tammy and I were heading by the parking lot after riding for a couple of hours in the Ganny and as we go by we see a truck parked right up close to my trailer which was odd as there were lots of other places to park.

We were heading over to Pontypool and so we stop to see why this truck is there....casually watching because a lot of people pull up to my truck to take a look...anyhow....I shut off the sled and I faintly hear this guy say to his girlfriend "they have valve stems" and something like "I think those guys are watching"....so I start to walk down there and then the truck takes off....

The plate is real dirty like and I cant make it out. I go over to the truck and everything looks ok and I check my wheels.....now my truck has no valve stems in the wheels at all...so I go to the trailer and all looks ok as well.

We are the last vehicle there and decide to load up and head home as we dont feel comfortable leaving it there now.

Anyhow we drive home (I live in Orono) so its only a few minutes away...

This morning I leave to head to Lindsay and get onto the 115 and just after the Kirby exit I feel a slight vibration coming from the back end. I look back and bang....shower of sparks from the trailer wheel.....half a second later...sparks from the other side....I drag the trailer off the road.

I get out and to my suprise there are no wheels on the trailer!

I walk back and find one wheel and its axle stub is sheared right off.

The OPP looked at the hub that was still on the trailer and figured the lug nuts had been loosed off, I looked at it in the dark and it looked ok the night before....but didnt actually spin any wrenches or anything... they figured the other wheel stub snapped because of the sudden violent vibration and loss of the other wheel.

Anyhow we managed to drag it over to Boatland Marine on the 115.....its going to cost about $600.00 to replace the wheels and complete axle assembly.

So just a heads up...

The truck was a extended cab GMC Sierra, black and about a 97 vintage and the guy was maybe 25 or younger...not much help I know...but just thought I would let everyone know.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Mike

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried parking at Noone's but they kicked us out of there...because they wanted to plow....so I went to the parking lot instead....figured I never had problems before.

I cant imagine anyone stealing the tires from the trailer....but maybe they thought if the wheels were gone, I would have to leave the sleds?

Not sure to be honest.

Its not like the wheels and tires where that new, they were about two years old and just cheap Canadian Tire rims and tires.

How come your not out riding tonight Gummy?

The boys should be in the Ganny by now

Mike

·
Registered
715 Posts
That sucks Mike. On a bright note they work alone we all communciate togeather via this forum. Mabey they thought if they stole your rims and wait when you came back you would unhook the trailer to go get new rims and tires. They then put them back on and steal the whole trialer??? Yea that plan is about as smart as the idoiots that attempted to mess your trialer.

Sorry bout your luck.

AL

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried parking at Noone's but they kicked us out of there...because they wanted to plow....so I went to the parking lot instead....figured I never had problems before.

I cant imagine anyone stealing the tires from the trailer....but maybe they thought if the wheels were gone, I would have to leave the sleds?

Not sure to be honest.

Its not like the wheels and tires where that new, they were about two years old and just cheap Canadian Tire rims and tires.

How come your not out riding tonight Gummy?

The boys should be in the Ganny by now

Mike[/b]
I park there all the time as well. Never had anything happen yet but always worried returning to the truck and the trailer gone. Nice sled mike i seen it at hb before you picked it up. Great bunch of guys at Hb.

·
Registered
979 Posts
A gang of HCS'drs should just park there one evening and hide out inside the trailer and see what happens....huge surprise factor there...

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
I'm putting this out here as a fellow concerned sledder, not TP member and have seen this truck many times without my vest on and recorded the same info.

Description and plate number that keeps poping up in the oddest places at the oddest times in the South Durham region sledding areas. (*late at night and very early in the mornings, also during the day on week days*)

Black Chev EXT 4x4 95 to 98 vintage with big rubber, 230-4RM Ont, driver is short and stalky, 25 to 35 years old, long hair in a pony tail, and talks with a lisp. His passenger is usually a hippy/crack addict looking guy, real skinny, with very long string hair, about 40 to 50 years old. I have seen them more then once in Test Hill/Ragland area cruising the back roads.

And get this last Saturday morn while out with REVTECHss and his buds, we stopped them before they headed on to the trail ...... what was in the back of the truck ........... tools, rims and tires ?????????? as a TP member it's not my place to question what someone has in the back of their truck, but I do have a written report of it, and so do all of you now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shitty to hear about what happened Mike .... I pitty the prick if you ever get a hold of him.

Cut and paste and keep with you, I would greatly sugest not confronting them, but call police if you see them anywhere near the sledding community.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the other info and comments...

Rick, I am not sure if my guy was the same as yours but this guy was with a girl....although thinking about it, at the distance I was at I might have mistaken the "hippy guy" for a female.

I am a lover, not a fighter....Rick....lol....I could sick the harem on him though.

So I guess now I really do need a new enclosed trailer!

Talk to you later

Mike

I'm putting this out here as a fellow concerned sledder, not TP member and have seen this truck many times without my vest on and recorded the same info.
Description and plate number that keeps poping up in the oddest places at the oddest times in the South Durham region sledding areas. (*late at night and very early in the mornings, also during the day on week days*)

Black Chev EXT 4x4 95 to 98 vintage with big rubber, 230-4RM Ont, driver is short and stalky, 25 to 35 years old, long hair in a pony tail, and talks with a lisp. His passenger is usually a hippy/crack addict looking guy, real skinny, with very long string hair, about 40 to 50 years old. I have seen them more then once in Test Hill/Ragland area cruising the back roads.
And get this last Saturday morn while out with REVTECHss and his buds, we stopped them before they headed on to the trail ...... what was in the back of the truck ........... tools, rims and tires ?????????? as a TP member it's not my place to question what someone has in the back of their truck, but I do have a written report of it, and so do all of you now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shitty to hear about what happened Mike .... I pitty the prick if you ever get a hold of him.
Cut and paste and keep with you, I would greatly sugest not confronting them, but call police if you see them anywhere near the sledding community.[/b]

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Steal the tires...you have to leave the trailer....hopefully with sleds in it...

Maybe they were deciding just to cut the valve stems and leave you flat....

....pretty scummy any-which-way....

We all pay a pretty hard earned dollar for our machines, I'd be the first one in throwing if I saw these people doing shit like this.......

·
Registered
766 Posts
Steal the tires...you have to leave the trailer....hopefully with sleds in it...

Maybe they were deciding just to cut the valve stems and leave you flat....

....pretty scummy any-which-way....

We all pay a pretty hard earned dollar for our machines, I'd be the first one in throwing if I saw these people doing shit like this.......[/b]
This can't be the same Snow... Where?? A positive reply! LOL (jkd)
Starting to think twice about parking in that lot! My buddy and I usually park off Micro Road. But I park close to 35/115 when I take my little girl out.
I guess back to Noonie's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts