Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Anyone have a pic of the Hurricane flange? I guess I cant see what they changed.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I never even noticed that flat plate type flange. Thats interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ordered them today along with the Hurricane Hindle exhaust.
Saw good reports on TY and some actual test results posted there.
I likely will not go beyond a 270 tune so I think they will be fine.

Dave says the Supertips are better for the 280 HP flashes as hard to get enough weight in the Supertuners.
I have the same exhaust and clutch set up as you. Have you had a chance to ride it yet? How do you like it? I've only got 21 miles on mine and still breaking it in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bringing the thread back
How is everyone liking they’re hindle so far with stock tune? Any codes popping up or damage?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bringing the thread back
How is everyone liking they’re hindle so far with stock tune? Any codes popping up or damage?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the set up. Ran it all last season with no codes. With the exhaust and no weight in the Super Tuners I was bumping the limiter and had to add some weight to get max rpm right.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have that same exhaust...no complaints here....well one little one. That sticker! haha wish I would have taken it off before I ran it because it burned up and now I have a nasty black mark that I cant seem to clean off without scratching it. Minor details that I don't give a shit about anyway. Just giving a heads up to the next guy

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have that same exhaust...no complaints here....well one little one. That sticker! haha wish I would have taken it off before I ran it because it burned up and now I have a nasty black mark that I cant seem to clean off without scratching it. Minor details that I don't give a shit about anyway. Just giving a heads up to the next guy

U have stock tune too?
Only thing I saw to be careful of with stock tune was super cold temps like neg 20 may lean sled out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like the set up. Ran it all last season with no codes. With the exhaust and no weight in the Super Tuners I was bumping the limiter and had to add some weight to get max rpm right.

What clutch setup u running?

·
Registered
58 Posts

Which clutch setup u end up running? Thx

·
Registered
548 Posts
U have stock tune too?
Only thing I saw to be careful of with stock tune was super cold temps like neg 20 may lean sled out

No I have the TD powertrail 165hp tune.. works well. Lovin' the sound of the exhaust too

Reactions: ndogg ct

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So whats a good non bank breaking setup?

I've been talking myself out of a $600 270hp tune all summer mainly because I'm happy with Hurricane's exhaust and Super Tuner weights performance. Dave told me with this set up I'm in the neighborhood of 225hp to the track. Now don't anyone jump on me about this, like I said that's just what I was told. Regardless I'm sticking with this set up. No codes even first thing on a bitter morning WFO down Wawa lake and over 4000km's on original belt.

Hurricane Hindle exhaust = $600 or so.
Hurricane's Super Tuner weights = $300

·
Premium Member
33,218 Posts
I've been talking myself out of a $600 270hp tune all summer mainly because I'm happy with Hurricane's exhaust and Super Tuner weights performance. Dave told me with this set up I'm in the neighborhood of 225hp to the track. Now don't anyone jump on me about this, like I said that's just what I was told. Regardless I'm sticking with this set up. No codes even first thing on a bitter morning WFO down Wawa lake and over 4000km's on original belt.

Hurricane Hindle exhaust = $600 or so.
Hurricane's Super Tuner weights = $300
You should do a tune. Horsepower makes people happy, and you deserve to be happy.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
hmm..now I am really confused. I was on Turbo dynamics website looking at the Ecotrail 250hp reflash and they talk about 106 HP at the track being 212 crank HP stock. So does that mean the one you are talking about means it will be 400+?

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
hmm..now I am really confused. I was on Turbo dynamics website looking at the Ecotrail 250hp reflash and they talk about 106 HP at the track being 212 crank HP stock. So does that mean the one you are talking about means it will be 400+?

Like I said I'm just repeating what Hurricane told me. 225 to the TRACK.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
You should do a tune. Horsepower makes people happy, and you deserve to be happy.

It's like you said on the other forum a few minutes ago Tommcat, with added power comes belt issues. I'm a long distance guy and don't want to risk those possible issues.

·
Premium Member
33,218 Posts
It's like you said on the other forum a few minutes ago Tommcat, with added power comes belt issues. I'm a long distance guy and don't want to risk those possible issues.
There are some things to correct on the yammie, offset being the major one. With correct alignment, they're much better.
That said, the 240 and below tuned sleds seem to be having great belt life, no worse than stock.
270 and up comes with some decreased belt life, yammie being worse than cat in that regard.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts