Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we went riding on chrismas day up in hurley, well actually we unloaded in mercer and rode up into the u.p.. put 201 miles on around the hurley area. hurley did an excellent job taking care of their trails and the u.p. sucked ass like it does every time i go there. i dont know why i even get a trail permit for michigan cuz i have NEVER ridden on nice trails in the u.p. in about 10 years of riding. but anyway kudos to the people who take care of the hurley area trails!!! i have pictures but for some reason my computer will not let me upload them :banghead:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
we went riding on chrismas day up in hurley, well actually we unloaded in mercer and rode up into the u.p.. put 201 miles on around the hurley area. hurley did an excellent job taking care of their trails and the u.p. sucked ass like it does every time i go there. i dont know why i even get a trail permit for michigan cuz i have NEVER ridden on nice trails in the u.p. in about 10 years of riding. but anyway kudos to the people who take care of the hurley area trails!!! i have pictures but for some reason my computer will not let me upload them :banghead:[/b]
good job asshole for not calling me to go riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutkick: :bigfinger:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
we went riding on chrismas day up in hurley, well actually we unloaded in mercer and rode up into the u.p.. put 201 miles on around the hurley area. hurley did an excellent job taking care of their trails and the u.p. sucked ass like it does every time i go there. i dont know why i even get a trail permit for michigan cuz i have NEVER ridden on nice trails in the u.p. in about 10 years of riding. but anyway kudos to the people who take care of the hurley area trails!!! i have pictures but for some reason my computer will not let me upload them :banghead:[/b]

I told you guys it was nice up here. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
3,066 Posts
I just got back from the area myself and have to agree they did a good job with the snow they had. It looked like quite a bit of grooming had been done. However, if you're planning to go up just keep in mind that there isn't a huge amount of snow on the ground. Trails that run on unplowed roads are in nice condition, some of the trails that run ditchlines or through the twisties are in fair condition at best. Trails aren't overly rough, but the snow is definitely thin in many places. Also, given the snow conditions (still soft), it won't take a lot of traffic to tear things up.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
I just got back from the area myself and have to agree they did a good job with the snow they had. It looked like quite a bit of grooming had been done. However, if you're planning to go up just keep in mind that there isn't a huge amount of snow on the ground. Trails that run on unplowed roads are in nice condition, some of the trails that run ditchlines or through the twisties are in fair condition at best. Trails aren't overly rough, but the snow is definitely thin in many places. Also, given the snow conditions (still soft), it won't take a lot of traffic to tear things up.[/b]
well if you get at least one more day in the 20's and one more night in the teens or lower they should be good, like tonight its got to be colder than 10 degrees, antigo is 10 degrees

me, my mom and dad are going to go up there sometime this week and weekend

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
you damn iowa people stay out of our white gold. go to the mountains you'll have more fun and more snow

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Hurley area in for the specail people only, the snow is saved for us and only us, eagle river is in way better condition than hurley is
:banghead: :tease:

doesnt everybody agree ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
95% of my riding is done in the Mercer/Hurley/Ironbelt area and those guys always do a good job. If you stay off that main grade from Mercer to Hurley, you will find a chit load of trails kept in great shape.

Michigan is for weekdays only, I have had great luck with trails during the week and I think one time we had great trails from Berglund to PI on a weekend and it was 3am and the groomer was just in front of us.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Davey's Motel Posted this--- Tuesday, December 26, 2006 at 08:22:00 (CST)

I have not had time to go out and check the trails so this report comes from a local sled rental shop. Snow is limited to a small area around Ironwood, West to Saxon, 5 to 10 miles south of Mercer, East to Marinesco just, North to Silver City but snow runs out at Silver City and Lake Gogebic has snow more on the North end not sure on the South end. Now the good news trails are good to very good from what I have heard there are some thin areas and wet areas but overall not bad it just limited as to how far you can ride. Remember this is not from me personally as I have not had time to go out and ride the trails myself yet. Just remember if you want to ride this is just about the only place you can ride in the Mid -West it is limited but you can ride. Sam.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm from northern MN and those towns are begging for snow so they can get some $$ rollin' through town.. Nobody likes congested trails but we can all get along, can't we? :beerchug: Generally, how bad does it get on the weekend? I like to have a little room to breathe..

When you have the only ridable snow within a reasonable drive expect to have some company!

If things don't turn around in the next month my trip to northern MN might have to hang a right at Duluth and head on over! :div20:

Keep the snow flyin'!

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.