Hardcore Sledder banner

How will COVID affect 2021/2020 season

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jim_ramstad@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
I am a new a machine owner and would like to know, will COVID stop private sled owners from enjoying the public lands, trails this year?
I want by to rent a place in Colorado WMR area, but not if all the trails could possibly or probably be closed. We’re they last year?
Any info I would appreciate. Thank you.

#2 ·
Why do you think the trails would be closed?
It's certainly possible that businesses would be closed or running at limited capacity, but that's totally unrelated to trails. If anything, outdoor recreation is being encouraged since it promotes social distancing.

A crowded bar is a whole other matter.....

#3 ·
The only way I see an impact to actual riding is if clubs don't have the funding to groom. Most have adequate funds in their accounts but if they're 100% dependent on the disbursements from the County / Snowmobile Association ... there could be issues at that level. I think that's a worst case scenario though, and not a likely one.

#4 ·
So far unfortunately it got a big event canceled, I'm a little bummed about it. Last year it was canceled due to "unsafe" conditions of the ice

St Germain Radar / Bikini Runs in early February.

Hoping it doesn't close down gas stations or restaurants/bars on the trails.

Alot of smaller places depend on the snowmobile seasons

#5 ·
if they don't allow the groomer barns to be open or some shit we may get screwed. as stickdude said to me, i'll get gas with a card at the pump, wear my helmet all day (mask), eat a sandwich on the trail, if that's what it takes. and you now sure as shit if we can't ride it will be a stellar winter !

#8 ·
We already have our advance from the State of WI, our trail work is ongoing, we have a new club sled, and our groomers are almost ready to go. There will be a season, and it will be business as usual here.

We already had a successful ATV season up here. There's no reason to believe that snowmobile season won't be great. If the bars are forced to close, the trails will still be open. Just ride.

We had an extremely busy ATV season here. Business from ATV riders has been great, and I expect the snowmobile season to also be busy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.