Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I keep getting the "service engine" flashing at me 5 times when I start the sled. I think I read somewhere that this is the code for a faulty EGT probe. Is there a procedure for testing it in the shop manual? I don't have one for the sled yet and wanted to check the resistance of the probe (if it can be done) before shelling out $130 for a new one.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
About the only way to test it is with a Multimeter set to read resistance, The resistance will change when the robe is heated with a heat gun or while the sled is running, do not use open flame as it could damage the unit.

Somethimes the hood can contact the probes wiring and cause this fault too (5 flash)

The sled will run like snot if the probe or wiring is faulted. with it flashing at start-up leads me to believe it is not connected. becuase a 5-flash will not usually show up until the engine has been running at over 4,000 rpm's for 2 minutes.

Mine ate a few of these things, and it turned out my dumb-ass dealer I had just kept replacing them without trying to find why they were going bad. My complaint of heavy oil consumtion should have been a clue for them too.

anyways, I found a broken oil cable Housing which was over oiling and somehow hurting the EGT probe.

Look for this behind the primary clutch[attachment=276576:Broken_o...05_fuse2.jpg]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts