Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not so sure about that map. There's trails open in Ontario where the map is showing only 2 inches of snow, and where I am near Owen Sound the map is showing 10-12 inches but there's maybe 4 inches right now.

·
Vendor
4,966 Posts
Most clubs post reports on facebook, there is John Dee's site that has a lot of info and webcams to look at. Trail reports are posted as often on MSA or other side like they used to because a lot of the clubs have their own facebook pages now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm well aware of Johndee.com and other clubs posting on FB.....But in 2022 it's just not needed. The snow depth tool does all you need for trip planning. It's unbiased and updated hourly.

I see people posting questions and asking about conditions in areas with below 3 inches of snow. There's no need with this tool.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not so sure about that map. There's trails open in Ontario where the map is showing only 2 inches of snow, and where I am near Owen Sound the map is showing 10-12 inches but there's maybe 4 inches right now.
Are you at the shore?

·
Registered
175 Posts
15 or so years ago it was so much easier. Everyone use to post on Fishweb, some post on the MSA and the rest you have to track down their Facebook page.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
MSA reports are getting better but way too many clubs never update, they may update their own FB page or another location maybe fishweb or their tourist web page. I feel if the clubs are receiving money to maintain trails they should be required to update on the MSA page or a one stop location, MSA you can see the map and where all the clubs are located and the report could be a click away vs dinking around on the FB or clicking on other links to learn something was cancelled 18 months ago

·
Vendor
4,966 Posts
I'm well aware of Johndee.com and other clubs posting on FB.....But in 2022 it's just not needed. The snow depth tool does all you need for trip planning. It's unbiased and updated hourly.

I see people posting questions and asking about conditions in areas with below 3 inches of snow. There's no need with this tool.
Your well aware doesn't mean everyone else is otherwise people could look up this info. Not sure the snow totals map is a be all end all. It tells totals on the ground. Does not tell you anything about trail conditions, closures, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts