Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79 Blizzard 5500 and the plastic seat base is cracked in the middle where it starts to cover the tank. In other words, when you lift up on the seat near the steering stem there is a lot of give. I am planning on recovering the seat and want the base repaired "right". Any ideas on how to repair? I'm thinking some kind of plastic repair, but I'm not familiar with what's available and what to use. It has to be very strong. What kind of plastic was used on these seats? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
for a fix you can cut out a peice of stiff plastic that is say 4 inches wide and then drill holes through it and the original base then take zip ties and run them through the holes and "stitch" them together like a patch on a pair of jeans. I'm not sure but maybe the base is actually plywood, dont be to surprised if you see that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My GPs is a plywood base. Since you were here, I made one and I am in the process of recovering the seat. The original was rotted and the tongue that held it ripped through and that is why it was held on by a bungee for a year! :smilielol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts