Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is only those two screws in the seat compartment to remove and the seat come off?

or is there more to it?

thanks

B

·
0 Posts
There are 2 or 3 bolts in the back that hold it down. But you must also remove the plastic cover that holds the ignition switch. The seat/tank will slide out relatively easy. It's the sliding back in that tends to be a bitch.

·
Registered
754 Posts
i have a 02-500cc sled i just took off my seat to change it out for a 13 gallon clear tank. there are 2 screws in the back storage compartment.and you have to lift the back of the seat up to unplug the rear lights under the seat . take off the top plastic that holds the key. on the top left of the tank there is a breather line also the fuel line in the front needs to be removed.
sno_pro_500

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sucks..I like my seat on my firecat, one screw and it is off. But anyways, its cause my friend had alittle jug of oil in the trunk and it leaked all over and he needs to take the seat off to clean it up.
But if you have to remove the whole gas tank too then.....

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
why not just fill the compartment with rags, that should get rid of most of it. Later Darren

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Just remove the nuts from the two studs which are in the trunk and he can lift the rear of the seat enough to reach under and whip up the mess. No problem, 5 minutes max. and he'll be good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts