Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 00 mxz 500 without e start and was wondering if i broke my recoil rope on the trail how could i get the sled running again? i have herd you can attach the rope to the clutch or something to turn it over??

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you have tool pouch in your sled , you should find a rope and a white nylon clip . They are for emergency starting . It works great too[/b]

i was organizing all the sled stuff last night and found the clip and the rope....what do i attach the clip to

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You have some slots in your clutch. they should be about 2.5 inches wide on your clutch, the white clip goes right in there, then wrap the rope around the clutch and give it a pull. When you pull it the white clip should pop right out of the clutch slot when you get to the end of the rope. Oh.... and the same piece that unscrews your plugs has a hole through it so you can put the rope through and use as a handle when pulling. You should give it a try once or twice to see how hard it is to do. I have tried it before, works pretty good. Would def come in handy if you broke your rope or recoil somehow.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It does work great, used have to do it all the time with the ol 670. One word of advise - this has never happened to me but don't wrap the extra cord around your hand and then pull, if the plastic peice catches its going to pull you right into the clutch.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It does work great, used have to do it all the time with the ol 670. One word of advise - this has never happened to me but don't wrap the extra cord around your hand and then pull, if the plastic peice catches its going to pull you right into the clutch.[/b]
that happened to a buddy of mine he ended up punching the clutch and broke his hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.