Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a light and quick sled to trail ride in the $2000 range. I am thinking a late 90s early 2000s sno x sled like a mxzx or sno pro or pro x would probably be best. My buddy has a 04 rev 600x and when the trails are tight or really bumpy he can take it much faster than me. Any ideas on a sled to keep with him through the rough and tight trails?

Appreciate it

·
Registered
828 Posts
I am looking for a light and quick sled to trail ride in the $2000 range. I am thinking a late 90s early 2000s sno x sled like a mxzx or sno pro or pro x would probably be best. My buddy has a 04 rev 600x and when the trails are tight or really bumpy he can take it much faster than me. Any ideas on a sled to keep with him through the rough and tight trails?

Appreciate it[/b]

The sled has a little bit to do with keeping up, but when you are riding in the trails it is your riding skills that makes the difference.......like already mentioned try and find a little more money and buy something newer otherwise a AC ZR chassis is supposed to be a great trails sled and you should be able to pick up a 2000 model year for somewhere around $2,000.00.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Cut his coolant hose?
Kidding.

You can find nice ZL/ZR's for around $2000, and there a good handling sled. With plenty of zip.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I too have been loking for a sled in that price range to clean up nicly then to flip. I was thinking an older (around '98), and cheaper ($2000) but have had no luck at all. i found a 1999 zr 600 (on autotrader.com) and it was $3500, and thats like the best deal i could find. For $2000 about all I can find is a 1990 A/C jag 440.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts

Appreciate it[/b]
If you want to keep up with a rider forward sled you have to have a rider forward sled. The rider forward chassis style that the original 03 REV kicked off was such a giant leap forward I don't think any of the older sit down chassis sleds will do. So, like others have said your cheapest route would be to pick up a 03 REV but used REVs aren't cheap. They've got the higest resale value right now. When I was at Haydays last year I saw very few REVs for less than 4K. The only ones that were 3 something were 03s and they were 6s and they had some miles. And the fact that we're actually having a decent winter isn't going to help matters either. But...seing as your budget doesn't allow for a used REV I think your best bet would be to pick up a used Polaris EDGE chassis sled with a M-10 in it. Or any used sled in your price / year range that has a M-10 rear susp.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Just take some pain killers and pin the throttle......JK

While the plan of getting an ex snowcrosser sounds good but ride will be rough. Best way to stay with a rev is to get one, save up till next Aug then look.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I ride a 2003 Polaris 700 Edge X and i can keep up with a slightly modded 600 rev, and a stock 800 rev, and sabercat 600. i think the rider has alot to do with it becuase my friend rides a 500 indy he keeps up with everyone on the trails

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
knew a guy who got a rev for 2700 at haydays, nice condition

1 - 13 of 13 Posts