Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just went out and tried starting my 440 snopro and its been sitting for about 10 hours without gas. i ran out of gas on the way to put it in the garage. and now it wont start. i just went and put a full tank in. does anyone know what can improve cold starting on these machines? tomarrow im going to pull the plugs and put new ones in but i didnt have enough time to do it tonight. :wtf:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
while your plugs are out just keep pullin your sled over, you ran the gas lines dry, as well as your carb bowls, and it takes a while to fill them back up. if you have a buddy with you have him hold his hand above one of the plug holes, you will feel the gas shootin out when there is some in there

·
Registered
513 Posts
dont pull it 50000times and tire out and kill your back. pull the gas line off ur carb and clamp it so gas don't go spraying out. take some gas line about 6inches long and put it on the carb and get a windex or any kind of spray bottle and put gas in it and spray it in the line and keep spraying until it don't suck in anymore gas then repeat with the the process with the other carb. put the gas line back on and it should fire up like regular. hope this helps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next time dont let it run out of gas....lol that should fix your problem in the long run.[/b]
lol i know i was just turning around in my yard not even 20 feet away from the garage and it died :ahappy:

·
Registered
513 Posts
dont pull it 50000times and tire out and kill your back. pull the gas line off ur carb and clamp it so gas don't go spraying out. take some gas line about 6inches long and put it on the carb and get a windex or any kind of spray bottle and put gas in it and spray it in the line and keep spraying until it don't suck in anymore gas then repeat with the the process with the other carb. put the gas line back on and it should fire up like regular. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
well if he has the plugs out it has no compression, so it dont take much to pull it over, it dont take too manyt pulls, maybe 20-30, which is nuttin with no plugs. its only a little 440, its not like a t-cat

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
better yet-this is what I do, make a spray bottle of regular gas & just spray a couple of shots into the mouths of the carbs with the airbox off.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
why not just spray a bit of gas down the cylinders? And is starting fluid bad for them?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
it sure isn't good but it does work. spraying straight gas in the carbs works great, just ask any iq owner. as soon as the engine fires the fuel pump will suck gas instantly. they're hard to prime otherwise due to the way the fuel supply line runs out the top of the tank vs. a sled (like an 02-03) where the line comes out the bottom & it gravity feeds to the pump. small price to pay for ease of tank removal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you guys ever seen a ski-doo, put a primer on it. I did this on my 04 440, the thing started hard after being on a truck or in a trailer from the day it was new. I replaced every part i could think of that would cause that but no luck, primer worked great though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
take the plugs out and put a couple shots of gas in the cylinders from a spray bottle. That way you don't have to dismantle the sled and it will fire up right away. It won't damage anything since no gas is entering the cylinders by any other means.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
take the plugs out and put a couple shots of gas in the cylinders from a spray bottle. That way you don't have to dismantle the sled and it will fire up right away. It won't damage anything since no gas is entering the cylinders by any other means.[/b]
i like the primer idea. taking the plugs out of a snopro when its cold out was not fun for me at all. lots of cussing, frost bite, and yelling were involved haha.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Taking the plugs out was to get it started when he ran it out of gas. As far as needing a primer, A trick I have learned is that if it only happens after you trailer it put a fuel shut off in the fuel line. Turn it off when it goes on the trailer, turn it on when it comes off. Works like a charm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts