Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cat's website just says to see the dealer. I'd like to find out if I can get my smartride situation straightened out, and I would prefer to talk to Cat directly instead of going through the dealer. The dealer I bought the sled from hasn't been as helpful as I'd like, and I feel like I'm taking advantage of the other dealer I've dealth with. That dealer has been great and very helpful, but they must think that I'm just looking for something for nothing by now. I would like to discuss any possible remidy options with Cat but don't know who to call. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the only solution i have ever heard from artic cat is to try messing with your springs in the rear suspension, in almost every case we've gone heavier at my dealer. i personally would never own a smartride suspension, dealers don't know much about them and cat isn't any more helpful.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
My guess is the only way you could contact Cat directly would be by snail mail. Have you asked the good dealer if he can get you together with the regional factory rep? I think that is the proceedure for getting issues higher up the ladder. If you have spent a bunch of money on fixes that do not work, yet other people have no problems with their Smartride suspensions, then there has to be something wrong with your shocks, and/or wiring. Try writing a nice letter to Arctic Cat as well as speaking to your dealer about getting the regional rep involved.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by jdtech03@Feb 20 2003, 03:12 PM
I think the only solution i have ever heard from artic cat is to try messing with your springs in the rear suspension, in almost every case we've gone heavier at my dealer. i personally would never own a smartride suspension, dealers don't know much about them and cat isn't any more helpful.
I just put springs in it. I can bottom the sled just by bouncing on it while it sits parked in my garage. Needless to say, it sucks HARD on the trails. My dealer situation has been less than favorable like I mentioned above. I just want to talk to somebody at cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts