Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do this maybe tonight. I was told by my dealer that the can be easilly removed and to wash them with warm soapy water. Is this correct. Is there a gasket to replace after doing this. TIA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I took one of mine out to check how it was. If you do it carefully you dont need to get a new gasket, i used carb cleaner to clean mine, i dontknow if i would use soap for the inside of and engine, plus the carb cleaner will clean them better, rob has a guid how to clean them on the main page of the website but its only for polaris sleds <_< but you could still use it as a guide to how to clean them and whatnot but the procedure is not the same.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Are you sure they need cleaning? I SWORE mine were froze shut (carboned up). Turns out, one worked fine, the other side's servo cable came off.... so.... since the cable came off that one side, it had set up a little.... I simply removed the two bolts holding the valves to the motor, and SLOWLY and GENTLY moved it till it was somewhat loose, and proceeded to work it the rest of the way with the cable up by the servo motor.

This will save you a lot of time, if its all you need....

·
Registered
298 Posts
did it for the first time last week, piece of cake. if you pull your y pipe off you can check your pistons and valves at the same time. just push the valves up and see if they are sticking. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts