Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering if there is a special way to bleeed the air out of the 2004 Firecats? Just asking because I know there is somthing special you have to do for the 2003s.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
search topic, has been discussed A LOT

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
You must be talking about bleeding the air out of the cooling? But possibly the brake or oil injection. You got'a let us know.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Sep 23 2005, 11:19 PM
You must be talking about bleeding the air out of the cooling? But possibly the brake or oil injection. You got'a let us know.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889611
[/quote]

Yeah it think you're right becuz he said that his dad started his sled up lately and the antifreeze got into the pistons i believe, correct me if im wrong. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Ok, the 04's have the extra hose (the small one) that comes off the head and goes to the coolant tank. So I think that takes the trickery out of bleeding the coolant. The 03's don't have that hose. But, if you raise the front a little, I don't think you will have any problems.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Sep 23 2005, 11:45 PM
Ok, the 04's have the extra hose (the small one) that comes off the head and goes to the coolant tank. So I think that takes the trickery out of bleeding the coolant. The 03's don't have that hose. But, if you raise the front a little, I don't think you will have any problems.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889632
[/quote]
The 03's do have that hose BTW.

Justin, pour in as much coolant as it will take, jack up the front of the sled (as high as you can like 2ft is nice), if it drains down pour some more. Run the sled and let the coolant start to circulate. Set the front down and jack up the back. Run the sled again. Top off the coolant and go. When winter rolls around just ride your sled locally for a while and check the coolant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts