Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Vendor
4,563 Posts
Thanks for the link. It's sold out though. Can't find it on amazon either.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App
Yeah, we have more on the way. Usually when its out of stock it only take a max of week to get. I will get a backorder method on there so if it is out of stock you can still backorder it.

·
Vendor
4,563 Posts
34.95 shipping to alberta canada ya um no.
Any Other source????
That is just what the site calculated because it doesn't know the weight. We are working on this issue. I am sure we can stick it in an envelope and ship it very reasonable. Please email me for a shipping quote if the shipping doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just did mine today. Hardest part was getting the heater elements off without ruining them.
Agreed - I got sloppy on my second grip and used a scraper to remove the heater. It went between the element plastic layers and cut the copper foil. Added another $30 to the job for a new grip heater.

Other than that - Huge increase in heat. It was 10F today (not that cold) but was able to ride the lake with thin gloves.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My Assault hand warmers on Pro Taper bars work great. No foam or cork needed.

On the high setting I can hardly keep my hands on the handlebars because they get so hot. And that's just regular trail or off-trail riding during break-in. I'm sure on a RR grade I would need to turn them to low.

So for those of you reading this thread that don't have a problem, don't waste your time or risk damaging your heating elements or connections by adding cork. But if yours aren't working, by all means check your connections and then try some of the fixes offered here, and support the supporters of this site.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow, there will always be somewhere that will sell cheaper however, they do not advertise or support this site.

Even if I ship via USPS in a padded envelope it would be $6 dollars which would already but me in the hole selling these with free shipping. If the $.50 is killing some I can sell for $7. LOL. What I don't understand is why most don't use my super saver shipping option.
One thing I've learned from being in business....Let the cheapskates waste their time so they can save less than a dollar. Let your competitor deal with them because if they are that cheap they will always try to grind you into the ground. Some people understand its not just about price but VALUE, those are the customers you want to work for and keep!

A side note about the foam inside the bars, I tried it and it's not very effective, onto this mod now since the parts are available again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just want to say thanks to Tuneman for posting this, and thanks to GoBigParts for hooking me up - done a lot of business with them and they have always done me well.

It took about an hour to do both bars, was simple with Tuneman's step by step instructions and pics, and it really made a difference. My handwarmers generally get pretty warm, but with the polar vortex's we've had this year and last, I needed something more (the SBA isn't the warmest sled out there either ; -)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I did the mod & stuffed the inner bars with foam. Have to be patient removing the heating element.
The grips get hot. They work very well. The medium setting is now like high use to be. I recommend doing the mod.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
anyone have experience with the grips twisting after re-install? noticed it wasn't mentioned to add any type of adhesive?

·
Registered
573 Posts
anyone have experience with the grips twisting after re-install? noticed it wasn't mentioned to add any type of adhesive?
I sprayed my cork with adhesive to the bar. But the elements will re stick. Then with the tight grips over them, they have no where to go. There are 0 down falls to corking that I've seen. Best/ cheapest mod ever.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

21 - 39 of 39 Posts