Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out rideing and my friend took my sled for a rip and said my tack was loose. He said the drivers were slipping. We flipped the sled over and looked at the track and drivers. They were all there and the track diddint seem that loose, atleast compared to the other sleds there. We checked the chain case and there doesnt seem to be much play there so I am almost posative its nothing in there. The clunking only happens when I am accelorateing really hard and hooking up. I first thought it was the track hitting the dirt and makeing that noise when it ripped up the ground. I tightened the track up a little bit. And the noise has seemed to lessen. How tight is too tight. How loose is too loose. What are some things to check for when i am doing this? Would there be something else makeing this noise that im not aware of.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just replaced the drivers in a 98 SRX because they were worn too far. It would only skip when it hooked really good, but we had the track damn tight! Its possible have the drivers removed and pressed on backwards too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As loose as you can go without ratcheting. Right now that's about an inch and a quarter of sag without any pull on the track. Like stated your drivers may be worn... if that's the case you would be better off getting a set of extroverts (external drivers where the driver sticks through the track clips) These will almost never ratchet and can gain you a little speed by letting you run the track looser meaning less friction. Just a thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts