Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Just installed 25 42 gears in prox2 . had to trim tencher 1/2". still tight. may have 0 slack. will this damage chain system[/b]
To tight and there will be lose of power,everything is about resistance.Tighten the chain with your cover off.At the left side of the chaincase place your thumb on the chain and apply pressure so that it just about to hit the side of the chaincase when applying presure,you don't have to push hard,just slight pressure.Polaris specs are way to tight,the method I gave is tried and true by all racers.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
To tight and there will be lose of power,everything is about resistance.Tighten the chain with your cover off.At the left side of the chaincase place your thumb on the chain and apply pressure so that it just about to hit the side of the chaincase when applying presure,you don't have to push hard,just slight pressure.Polaris specs are way to tight,the method I gave is tried and true by all racers.[/b]
thats exactly how i stretch my chain :div20: , i started doing this while i was riding Yamahas and chains kept breaking, after this procedure i newer had any issues,

a to tight chain can´t handle any abuse and will stretch become loose in a short amount of time,

but sometimes i cheat in the field, i sometimes turn the adjuster by hand (litterly) and back of almost 1/3 of a full turn, i noticed that when you turn the locking nut the chain gets even tighter even thou you never turned the bolt... but pulling the lid is the best way, but in the middle of nowhere i tend to do as little as possible regarding mechanical skills, you always loose bolts, nuts in the snow and there you are.. :frech32:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts