Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how tall to ride a outlaw snowhawk, and can you ride the outlaw snowhawks on the trail. i ask because i might get one but i like the outlaw look better, but i here they are hard to control on the trail, also can you turn the handle bars on the snowhawks just as if you turn on the trail with a normal snowmobile.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You have to ride them like a dirtbike and if you ride 25% trail and 75% off trail thats pushing it. They are fairly stable for one ski and skinny track but not stable enough you have to take corners slower and be very careful about icey corners. They only shine in the powder too so unless you ride about 90% powder then a sno hawk just aint worth it. A friend I rode with for about 20 miles of trail was about 5'10 and he seemed to control that thing fine he had the orange and blue one thats all I can remeber.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Riding a Hawk is not like riding any other vehicle out there,it has its own unique feel to it,more like a tall snowmobile with one ski,more similar to a standup jetski or a touring motorcycle than a dirtbike.If your not accelerating around a corner,your falling over.It doesn't get the gyroscpoic effect of a rotating front wheel like a motor cycle,which helps keep the bike from falling over.

As far as trailriding the Outlaw,yes you can,if your really gonna ride it on the trails however you should just anty up and get the trail model with the gayass flames on it-then peel em off-cuz they look so friggin gay.The trail model has a few key features that the outlaw doesn't have on it-which are important ones for trail riding-first off is the new ski setback-it lays the ski back six inches under the front of the hawk for a much more connected feel to the front ski and a much more forgiving stance on the trails,it also supposedly aids in the floatation of the hawk in deep snow.
The new trail model also has a MUCH larger silencer(LOL) under it for a more sane decible level for cruising past residential areas,but it adds an extra 10lbs.
The new trail model also has an adjustable stance to drop the seat height down an inch or two for easier trailability for you shorter folks.
I believe its a compenent in the rear suspension that is repositioned to raise/lower the hawk.

you would also likely want a set of handgaurds and a set of kimpex tape on undergrip heaters for your digits-theres no wind protection at all,like standing in the bed of the pickup cruising the highways in the middle of winter -oh and aTEkVest cuz your gonna be falling off quite a bit at first

They also make a stud kit for them that aids in safe trail riding-using there specific pattern and flap protectors

With that being said I have yet to Ride mine in the snow! I took it for a rip at my shop in town across the parking lot a few times so all the info I gave you is soley based on my countless hours of Info searching about these wild machines!

·
Registered
68 Posts
My buddy is a dealer for the hawk ive rode it abunch its alot like a standup jetski
like the other guy said if your not on the gas your on your ass. just waite untill
u get that boy in the snow you will love it.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Whos' your buddy and what dealership in what town?
I'm dealing with Lemoines in Negaunee Mi,both Jason and Dwayne have been very helpful with info and general BS'ng about the hawks-I cant wait to get some seat time on them this winter,If all goes as planned I will snag a 600 for next season as well :snowfall:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey redf5sp try Neil in White lake at total performance. He is a dealer and rides the hawk better than anyone I have seen. Even the guys at Haydays and racing these things are not as good as him. JMO. helpfull isn't what you want you need someone with seat time.

Butler

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I dont need someone with seat time,hows that gonna help me? I need the seatime damnit...let it snow! and the boys at lemoines defiently can ride,they dont ride sleds anymore,just hawks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's the attitude :beerchug: Their a bad drug, I've got some softer springs coming for the dual shocks to take more weight off the front. I DON'T want that ski on the ground unless I'm going into a corner. I've already found out flipping them doesn't heart them (coolest looking thing flipping backwards over ya) It's a #[email protected]!&% animal.Did someone say SNOW??????????

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
i bought the '06 600 Outlaw. it came with the offset front ski like what was described eariler on the trail hawk. as for the rear sliding out, put about 250 Kold Kutter screws in the lugs of the track, they run about $20 for a box of 250. after that mine stuck to the trail very well. you will need to adjust for less ski pressure after the suspension is broke-in. they are a riot on the trails, but need an overdrive clutch to get anywhere without running out of fuel. i'm lucky to get 50 miles on a 8.5 gallon tank. other than the primary clutch, it is a very good set-up. oh ya, the outlaw also has the other mounting holes to lower the rear end. so basically the only difference between the outlaw and trail are graphics and silencer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts